Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I want... on a Wednesday

Pull up a chair, for something new on a Wednesday!
I came across a new meme (well, new to me) for Wednesdays and thought I would try it.
Which doesn't have to be as greedy and consumerist as it sounds(but..it can be and that could be fun, too).
Each week there is a question(or two?) asked about "wanting" something.
This weeks question is:
What do you want to accomplish in November?
Hmmmm...it would be nice to have all Christmas gifts purchased or made by the beginning of December. A do-able goal, I think, since we are keeping it simple this year and already have some plans and some gifts, even. Yeah, that's what I want.
What do you want this week? Share it all.
What do I want THIS week? I want to be able to somehow erase all memory of the transaction/conversation/situation I had today with this creepy, mean and downright scary customer of our's at the shop. I have had a nightmare, even, inspired by this man. I get so rattled by him, that it affects me for a day or so after. I just don't want to think about it. Why, oh why does he keep coming back to do with business with us--can't he go somewhere else?! Ooops...thinking about it--must stop NOW.

13 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about the creepy, mean man at the shop! People like that can really steal your time because you waste so much of it thinking about them. Plus nightmares are the worst! Hope you're able to put him behind you for good soon.

Content in a Cottage said...

"I want" this man to stop coming into your shop and your dreams! By the way I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your new header. It's perfect for Halloween. ♥Rosemary

cheatymoon said...

Yikes for creepy guy! Cool new meme...

You are way ahead of me for Christmas thinking. :-)

Frances said...

Hi.
Love the adorable Halloween photos in your sidebar.
Hate the idea of that guy bothering you.
Hope he just goes disappear "poof"

creative kerfuffle said...

i "want" to know why you call him creepy. this intrigues me.

~JarieLyn~ said...

I like your new header too!

Ooh, you would think that a customer so mean and creepy and probably dissatisfied would go somewhere else...but maybe that's what makes him creepy. I hope he doesn't bother you anymore.

There is another meme similar to this one called Iwanna Wednesday. There isn't a link up or anything but I always leave a comment on her blog of the things Iwanna.

This one sounds cool too, especially if the theme changes. It kind of gets you thinking and wondering and sparks some writing. I like it.

In November I want to go to my first meeting of the camera club I plan to join, and I want to clean out my closet and donate some clothes.

have a great day!

Claus said...

Interesting meme! Always fun to have those weekly topics for an entry.
Great goal for November! That way, one can enjoy the charm of the holiday season, without being pressured and stressed out.
Sorry about the creepy man...but I won't elaborate, as I don't want you to keep thinking about the whole situation.

Arty said...

Do you personally have to deal with this guy? Perhaps someone else in the store can?

I hope you manage to sort the Christmas shopping out early. i know what it's like to leave it to last minute. Ughh!

Manders said...

The creepy guy sounds intriguing. I would love to write a poem or something about him...

Gal Friday said...

I was happy that so many of the comments were about the cool retro images I found to dress up my blog header and sidebar at this time of year. I HAD to use them when I found them. :-)
As for the "creepy mean" customer, he is so weird it is hard for me to even describe him, but I always get the feeling he must terrorise his family(I "think" he us married and has daughters) and I always think that those kinds of "difficult" people treat everyone where ever they go the same. Small comfort, though.
And Arty,
you asked why I always have to work with this guy. I ask myself the same question. It is uncanny that anytime he comes in, I am alone in the shop or else everyone else is busy so I get stuck with him.

Anonymous said...

You Are an Orange Pumpkin
You are a bit average and ordinary, but that's a good thing. People appreciate you for who you are.
You believe life's too short to not forgive and forget. You try to let the small stuff slide and focus on what's important.

You appreciate the ordinary things that most people ignore - good friends, a warm home, a tasty meal.
There's so much to be thankful for in your life that you would feel wrong to complain too much!


UGH I do complain though,lol

Anonymous said...

Ugh I wouldnt like that at all.This day and age you never know do you who to even say hello to.Sad huh!

cessie said...

Oh it's so awful to have nightmares about work! I have had those a couple of years ago when working for a man and woman who were no good for me....it's so bad to let it interfere our personal lives but still somehow it just creeps into our minds!! Hope you will get rid of it/him soon!!

I like your want meme. And I do think the Christmas thing shouldn't be too hard. Although one never knows...the Christmas hassle can start early these years!