Wednesday, October 21, 2009

More Sketchiness

"sketchy-ness"? Is that even a real word?
From cat ladies to "hat" ladies--some more doodles from my tiny sketch book.
First one turned out to be kind of Tim Burton-esque(would love to wear something like this on Halloween), the second--more prim and proper Edwardian lady with some kind of psychedelic explosion/hat on her head.



20 comments:

Claus said...

Yeah!...that first one looks very Willy Wonka/Johnny Depp style :-)) Very creative and unique!

Zuzana said...

Claudia is so right about the Wonka likeness, wow, she has a good eye.;)
I personally love your sketches and think you should post them more often. You have a very appealing style, in both form and colours.;)
Love your new header picture, very seasonal too.;)
xoxo

cheatymoon said...

I love your header too. Your sketches are awesome, T. Do you ever frame em up and sell them?

Anonymous said...

I love the first one!You have never posted sketches before have you?I think I will be getting into that again this winter.I love to sketch!

Anonymous said...

Love your sketches, Tina!!!

Happy almost Birthday!!! :) Doing anything special tomorrow?

Gal Friday said...

Claudia,
So you see it, too--the Tim Burton thing in the first "hat lady"!

Ms. Protege,
And you, too--and I am glad you liked the sketches. I have not been drawing much, but maybe I'll be posting more soon. I guess I could have spent more time getting the lighting right(used my camera since we got rid of our old, slow scanner)--the quality of the images is shoddy.

~Erin,
You would think, working where I work, that I would frame and sell my art more--but rarely these days(used to more before becoming a mother).

~Thanks, Becky,
I think I have shared some other art of mine here before(check under "art", "collage" tags)

~Ms. Sherrill..!
Thanks, and thanks, as well for the early b-day wishes. My sister took me out for Thai food earlier this evening(tried Ginger ice cream for the first time-yum!), and there is a dinner/party for me at my parent's house tommorrow after work.

creative kerfuffle said...

i love your style : ) the hats are sooo very nice. love the colors. just, everything : ) and i like the nod to halloween up top. how do you do that? put something of your own up there i mean??? i feel so stifled w/ my blog layout/look.

Gal Friday said...

c.k.,
Thanks to you, too--often I feel in a rut---art-wise--like they are just silly doodles and am a little shy about showing it.
And...the art up top is just some old retro stock image. Not my own art.
I am also pretty hopeless at page design(although bloggers Protege and Doreen have given me some tips which I haven't had the time or nerve yet to try). Otherwise--my blog is pretty basic(but I actually prefer a plain white background)When I DO take the plunge and re-design the page here, if all goes well, I'll tell you what I did, okay? Just not ready for that, yet.

Pseudo said...

Oh yes. I love these.

Arty said...

The second is really cute! I love the cat peeking in and appearing below in the picture. Too cute :)

Annndd....a wonderful birthday to you today Tina :) All the best and best wishes.

Arty said...

The second is really cute! I love the cat peeking in and appearing below in the picture. Too cute :)

Annndd....a wonderful birthday to you today Tina :) All the best and best wishes.

Unknown said...

fantastic! you have talent girl! do you frame them or keep your sketches in a book of some sort?

Jack said...

Lovely! you should so have an ETSY and offer these little beauties as greeting cards or blank note cards... love, love, love :)

cessie said...

Very great hat ladies you 'doodled' Tee. Love them :-).
And the colours are great!
Oh and I love the picture on the right of your blog as well, very creative!
I guess the 'creative season' will be there for you again...the cozy nights and lazy sundays at home ;-).
Wish you a lot of inspiration!

Audrey said...

The first one reminds me a lot of a female Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderdland. If I ever do write a children's book, will you be my illustrator? :)

Anastasia Marou said...

You are a very talented artist, Tina. And I love these sketches. To me they are beyond compare.

~JarieLyn~ said...

I love the first photo. I would like to wear something like that for halloween too. You are so talented with your art. I just adore your sketches. They are colorful and whimsical and such a delight to look at. The lady in the second photo looks a bit snobish, like royalty.

Mary-Laure said...

I love that Edwardian style, so elegant and quirky.

Clare said...

You have quite a talent there miss. I especially like the lady with the cat.

Content in a Cottage said...

I love the hat ladies. You are toooo talented. More please! ♥Rosemary