
I can't believe the "I Want...Wednesday" meme lady even has a new theme up for this week, considering that she has just had a baby (one week old!)--I would not have had it together enough to have done that. But it's there and these are the questions(which I am going to answer very quickly because I just got home from work and have lots to do):
What do you want to give thanks for?
These are a few things right off the top of my head that I am thankful for....
*my health
*my husband and kid's health
*that I met and married such a great man--someone who takes care of almost everything, puts up with my annoying ways and is rarely grumpy.
*that I have a mother, who despite being arthritic at age 71, insists on hosting the Thanksgiving meal at her house and plans for weeks, cooks for days and will have a marvelous home-cooked feast for seven(update: actually, it was a meal for 10 people, not 7, if two ansty kids under the age of eight count) on the table by 2:00 in the afternoon tomorrow.(don't worry..I am not a completely heartless daughter--I'll be making a few side dishes this evening to bring to the dinner).
*that a nice someone let me into the traffic when I was leaving work today--it was foggy and, misty, the road swarming with cars, so I could barely see and would have sat there for some time, if this person hadn't made sure I could cut in front of his car onto the road.
*that my house is clean--no dust under the beds, even--what a great feeling! Oh, wait, what am I saying? It's been 24 hours--guess the dust must be reappearing by now as it always does, but at least it isn't in tumbleweed size balls ....yet! (having company come to stay at your house is the best motivator for me to clean my house from top to bottom)
*that I have a house--one that is manageable (small houses are good for that) and affordable(ditto), considering these tough times.
*that today flew by at work, with no problems or glitches...
*that we didn't have a certain item a certain customer was wanting today--he is always so odd(in not a good way), rude and this time he had a slobber of spittle on his unkempt beard--if I had spent more time with him by ringing up his purchase(he wanted a 50th wedding anniversary frame, which I suggested he might find at a jewelery store in town and he started arguing with me that there weren't any jewelery shops--o-k-a-y...whatever you say, buddy...) I would have had to stare at it longer.
*that I have people out there who actually come by here and take the time to read what I write(even when it is something as boring and self-indulgent as my dream recollections)
*that I can finally get my feet out of these high-heeled boots(I can walk in this pair okay, but by the end of seven or so hours, my toes feel pinched and want to be free), and put on some comfy slippers.
What else do you want this week?
For the rest of this week? I would like to enjoy my family(only two members can drive me nuts, but sometimes, when there are a lot more people around, they are easier to take so I am hoping that will be the case in the next few days),
I want to relax,
and maybe start reading the book a co-worker gave me for my birthday(he keeps asking if I have had a chance to read it yet).
16 comments:
Have a great family Thanksgiving!
I enjoyed reading about your dream!
Love this list. Especially the traffic favor. That's the way to be...
Have a wonderful day tomorrow, Tina.
:-)
Happy Thanksgiving, Tina! I hope you enjoy your day with your family tomorrow!
happy thanksgiving t! i hope you have a great day!
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Enjoy the time with the family!
I enjoyed reading this list too and can't help smiling at some of what you write.
Have a great Thanksgiving Tina :)
Beautiful post Tina, you have so much happiness in your life.;)
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your lovely family.
xoxo
Zuzana and Batcat
Some days it takes like forever to get onto a blog (and then again to comment)... :-(. It's really annoying, because then I see something in the feedreader on which I'd love to comment and I cannot!
Ah well, I did manage today!
Loved reading your entry, so full of hapiness and thankfulness :-). Hope you will enjoy your Thanksgiving and your book!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!
have a wonderful and blessed weekend!!
I almost forgot to post it, but grabbed a moment while he slept. Its a good thing little ones sleep alot, I'm still able to feed my blog addiction that way. -grin-
Enjoy your thanksgiving with your mother. She sounds like a wonderful lady to still work so hard to host a good family meal.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Tina! You will surely be celebrating with delicious food, and good company. Something to be grateful indeed.
have a great day!
Enjoy your time off with the family. Happy Thanksgiving!
Hope your enjoying your long weekend and getting plenty of the relaxation you wanted :)
Hi Tina!
I have been honored with an award and have passed it on to you!!
I'm visiting from Doreen's place...
I have a little log house, so it's so much easier to clean and I had to laugh because that's always my big motivator - someone coming over or guests coming to stay on our mountain cove - I go in clean up mode *laugh*
The spittle-beard guy - eyeww....!
Evermore, THANKS!! THanks for all the kind sentiments wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving--I had a lovely time.(and ate too much food for days...)
And, Marcell.....I still have not gotten to that book(and your letter) yet! But, I DID get a book mark and a note from YOU --all the way from Shanghai just the other day. Thanks so much for the kind gesture and the gift(another treasured addition to my bookmark collection)
Post a Comment