A really fast Friday Fill-in, because I have to fly. Sorry if I haven't been around visiting blogs--looking forward to some downtime again after Xmas to be able to do that.1. No, we will NOT _____________be sending Christmas cards this year, but New Year's cards, instead.
2. I remember coloring in my Bambi coloring book when I was five years old, and can distinctly remember the mingled scent of cigarettes in an ashtray(from my mother's friend) and Crayola crayons_________ at the old kitchen table(which was one of those 60's metal and Formica-topped beauties).
3. I watched the steam rising from the hot cup of coffee (or tea) and thought: __________"let me linger here for a few minutes more."
4. 2010 is _____________ going to be okay. Maybe more than just 'okay'.
5. I'll take ______________a couple of weeks off(right after I address and send off all those New Year's cards, that it) after Christmas and fly down to St. John's in the Virgin Islands and snorkel in the Caribbean Sea(yeah, right...very wishful thinking...).
6. The weeks before Christmas are an exhausting time,________ at least from my point of view.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____hopefully coming home at a normal hour, tomorrow my plans include _____work and then going to a Christmas party and Sunday, I want to _____be a couch potato, but will be baking rum cakes and cookies instead(my only day off before Dec. 25 and only good chunk of time to do it)!
12 comments:
#7 couch potato . . . nice *smiles*
Nice Fill-In! Happy Holiday!
Hopefully you will have some couch-potato time!...and hey!, why not the snorkeling dream? Maybe 2010 will be filled with great surprises ;-)
Have a great weekend!
*hugs*
Mmmm steam from tea and coffee...I love that.
I'll meet you in the Virgin Islands in a couple weeks ;)
Thanks for the video... put me in a beautifully relaxed state for a moment. Now, back to reality!
Have a great weekend :)
Maybe next year you should send Christmas cookies instead of cards. That way you could kill two birds with one stone, so to speak! ;-)
Yay. More George Winston. I agree the life is just too hectic. I turned down a party tonight (don't want to leave boy on his own...) but I am relieved that I am home. Baking tonight, but home just the same.
Have a good weekend, T.
I must admit, I had never heard of George Winston before. Now I have, thanks to you. Enjoy the magic of the holiday season.
1. No, we will NOT _____________be attending more than three Christmas parties this year.
2. I remember coloring in my Bambi coloring book when I was five years old, and can distinctly remember the mingled scent of cigarettes in an ashtray(from my mother's friend) and crayons_________ in my Drawing Book ...45 years ago. No one could tell if I had drawn a tree or a house! Yes I've always been that wreckless at drawing.
3. I watched the steam rising from the hot cup of coffee (or tea) and thought: __________"I can light another cigarette!"
4. 2010 is _____________ going to be a year filled with positive thoughts - at least as far as I asm concerned.
5. I'll take ______________a few days off with my significant other just after the New Year.
6. The weeks before Christmas ....are a bit hectic but blissful! Marking tests and rehearsing Christmas carols in class and other Christmas activities.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____the Golden Bay Beach Hotel Staff Christmas Party, Christmas shopping tomorrow and baking kourabiedes and melomakarona (traditional greek Christmas sweets) Oh yes! And watching again La Haine on DVD - a black and white film directed by Mathieu Kassovitz and released in 1995.
P always told me how he hated Christmas week when he worked in retail. He never had any time off, but in February, he took off a whole month.;)
I love your fill-ins post, particularly like the recollection of crayons and smoke and the old kitchen table...
Have a lovely weekend dear friend,
xo
Zuzana
It's been ages since I last wrote a Christmas card to anyone. I just stopped sending and receiving for some reason. It's a lovely gesture though giving and receiving.
I agree with 6 also but I'll include the New Year too as exhausting.
Happy weekend Tee xx
Go to Aruba! It sounds like just the escape you need to recover from the holiday season!
George Winston is an awesome pianist. I absolutely adore his music. Great choice!!
Post a Comment