Monday, December 14, 2009

MMMMusic For Monday

Feeling a little moody
melancholy
muddled
mumbly
...meh today, so far.
This Alison Krauss song with phenomenal Natalie MacMacmaster on violin(the melody is actually an old Scottish one-- "Neil Gow's Lament on the Death of His Second Wife") is a perfect fit for this Monday morning.

Get Me Through December.....

11 comments:

Zuzana said...

I forgot to tell you, how much I love your new header.;)
I am feeling a bit melancholic these days myself, unusual for a Holiday enthusiast like me.
Thank you for a great song.
Have a lovely Monday.
xo
Zuzana

Arty said...

Love it Tina! Will search for more of her.

The melancholic mood must be winter's fault. I know how you feel but it will pass. Take care.

Claus said...

Melancholic song indeed. the kind I picture myself listening at home, with the dogs, looking at the world through my window....pity I'm at work, and the view is definitely not the same.

vickie said...

i hear you!

Anonymous said...

Wow you and me both.I have felt that way for a few days now.I think its the season and all.

Enjoy, relax and listen to music I love this song.I will check her out.


Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

my speakers have broken on the desktop, so I will come back with my laptop and listen.

love the new header!

Gal Friday said...

~Zuzana,
Thanks!(about my pink not-so-traditional-wreath header!) and I am sorry to hear about the blues you are experiencing. This time of year, with all it's expectations seems to highlight our longing and losses more in contrast.
Please take it easy on yourself and know that the people who care about are thinking warmly of you, even if they can't be *with* you at Christmas time.

~Arty,
Isn't her voice like heaven itself?
Yes, this feeling can come and go at this time of year, but all it takes is a little Christmas magic to make it go away for a little while at least.

~Claudia,
I am sure the view from your window at home(into your garden?) is beautiful and one could enjoy gazing at it.

~vickie,
I am glad some could relate to this song--was hoping my readers wouldn't think it too much of a downer at this time of year.

~Becky,
Again, I was hoping this wouldn't be taken as too gloomy a song for the season, but sometimes our losses and heartbreak are in sharp contrast from all the enforced jolliness of the holiday season. I think we have all been there...

~Doreen,
I think you'll like the song. As always, thanks for *stiopping by*. :-)

Jack said...

I love this song and Natalie MacMaster! She's from here(Nova Scotia) you know :D

Thanks for sharing!

Gal Friday said...

Jack,
I have been lucky enough to see N.S. native (like you!)Natalie M. perform here three times(she is a regular at a local music festival around Labor Day each year)--have a few CD's of her's and think she is amazing!

vdesheva said...

Amazing song!!!:) I love it!!!:) Thanks for sharing!!!:)

Anastasia Marou said...

Yet another artist I've never heard of before! I loved the music! Thanks a million for sharing.