
Just some thoughts and ruminations of the day:
We apparently have a new entrant into the contest for best eccentric character in town(every town has to have at least a few, right?).
Actually, I have seen this person before, a lanky older man, walking along the roadside with his purple cane and long gray beard. But I got a closer look at this guy when I was in the library checking out a book. He was wearing a really tall top hat(like the Cat-in-the-hat wears but without the stripes and solid black instead). And it was decorated at the brim with metallic gold and green Christmas tree garland wrapped around it. With a long cape-like black cloak and the purple cane. He certainly caught my eye when he entered the library. Wonder what kind of book he was looking for?
My Yahoo homepage always has this "Web Pulse" at the top right of the page. I guess it's the most searched names, info that day? Is it really accurate, though? Here's this morning's list:
Hanukkah
Diane Sawyer
The Princess and…
Julie Newmar
Pittsburgh Steel…
Taylor Swift
Adolf Hitler
Tracy McGrady
Chihuahua
Syracuse Basketb…
Okay, Hanukkah and that new Disney animated flick(Princess And The Frog)and Taylor Swift...I can see they might be popular searches at this time.
But, why Julie Newmar?(from the 60's "Batman" show) Did she die?
And...why Adolf Hitler?? And chihuahuas?And who is Tracy McGrady?
Well, these were some thoughts I was thinking earlier in the day before the little trials and tribulations of the day--work(turns out new co-worker is a tad annoying for various reasons.....and keeps making the same mistakes over and over but won't let anyone help her to show her how to do things)and living with a teenager knocked out these petty thoughts out of my head(good thing I wrote them down earlier), so all I want to do now is take a hot bath and call it a night.
But first, some Friday Filling from here....
1. Good times: _____________ laughing hysterically with my friends, sister and daughter on the train back from New York last Saturday night(over people misunderstanding Rhode Island accents and just how bad that accent can be).
2. One of my favorite places to be is inside_________ my home.(especially on a Friday night when it's cold and windy out with the branches of the rose bush scraping screechily against the window to make it seem even more forbidding outside and more warm and welcoming inside.)
3. Sleigh bells ring __________ every time someone opens our front door(there is a big bunch of them hanging from the door knob).
4.I am beginning to feel a bit more in the Christmas spirit....just a .... _____________ little.
5. Once more ______________it's that time of the year, another year older and what have you done?
6. When will this self-centered, exasperating-to-her-parents teenage phase________ end?
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____ a hot bath _____, tomorrow my plans include _________ work and a decorating session at my sister's place afterwards and Sunday, I want to _____get our tree! And find out about Julie Newmar.
15 comments:
One of those"I'm glad I am in the house" kind of nights here. We could do with a little less wind but at least we don't have the snow a lot of people are dealing with.
Have a cozy evening!
A cozy evening in to you, too, Sandra!! :-) (I would have thought you might have had some snow up where you are by now...but I am sure you'll get it soon enough, right?)
We have jingle bells on our door too! And my teenager... oh my oh my... he pulled out the stops today.
Almost unbloggable. Ack.
We're having a cozy evening too.
Hope the work situation rights itself soon, and have a fun weekend.
LOL@Julie Newmar! I'm pretty sure she is still alive (must google her name to find out).
If I had jingle bells on my front door, I'm pretty sure I would have ripped them down today (grrr, headache won't go).
Have fun picking your tree on Sunday :)
The Julie Newmar thing is pretty fascinating...
I'm not sure what I'm going to do when my own children are teens; it's hard enough teaching them all day - not sure I want to come home to a couple. Blessings to you! More hot baths :D
I'm curious about Julie Newmar too. I'm pretty sure she is still alive and I have not heard anything on the news having to do with her.
I'm thinking I might try this Friday fill In thing in the future.
Have a great weekend, Tina.
~Erin,
I know you have a lot on your plate with your teen, so I should not complain, but some days, I just wish I could skip over all this and meet the more mature version when she is 18(they DO mature, right?)but I guess I am not ready for that college tuition right now, either. (and work isn't too bad...just getting used to a newish co-worker's quirks)
~Jack,
I *still* have not Googled Newmar(need to do this next), just to be sure.
We'll both have to show off our trees, after Sunday, I think.
~Stephanie,
I don't know how teachers like yourself can handle a whole room of teen-age students(has two in the car yesterday and just listening to them talk...ugh.)I am sure I was just as "lovely"(ahem) when I was around that age, though.
~JarieLyn,
Maybe Julie Newmar is in a new movie or TV show and that is why her name is being Googled a lot?
I know it is hard to believe but I actually miss my kids when they were teens. At least they were around and we had some laughs in between the other stuff. Now there is so much distance between us, it's no fun at all!
Oh and Tina - - - we do have some snow. We have about 3 inches on the gardens but not as much as we usually have by now.
Great post as always, that search list is indeed odd.;) I saw *google trends* the other day where Obama was number one hit (due to the peace prize) and Copenhagen (due to the COP15 summit) number two. It felt good that Denmark has been put on the map.;)
I agree with your 1 and 2 of the fill ins, so true. But I love your entire list.
Have a great weekend dear Tina,
xo
Zuzaa
Thanks Tina - we actually had some 'good teen' days recently, so when the other shoe drops, it starts to feel dicey again. Ack.
I often wish we could skip to somewhere in the mid-twenties. And I hear you on college tuition! xo
I love to read your little stories of daily happenings. you are a good writer!!
have a wonderful weekend!!
i'm having a glad i'm in the house day because it is pouring, freezing cold and has the potential to get icy on the roads kind of day.
love your fill ins, hate that the girl is embracing the teen thing. that whole self-centered thing? yeah, mine does that at 12 and it annoys the crap out of me. but, sometimes she surprises me w/ goodness.
that guy w/ the hat--wow. wish you could share a picture of THAT! too funny.
oh, and we also have jingle bells on the front and back door : )
My favorite place to be in is also my home! I have always said it is my "zen" place, and it never fails me to give me the peace and tranquility I need. Right with you there!
I hope you had a great weekend!
A purple cane and grey beard...Hmmm the trediest colours for autumn-winter 2009!
Post a Comment