It's the beginning of another weekend, and time for a Friday Fill-in....
1. You get _____________one life to live, so give it all you got.
2. No one has the_________ right to _________make you feel inferior, without your consent (Eleanor Roosevelt once said this).
3. It's __________ scarf and muffler time!(one good thing about winter weather is getting to wear colorful scarves around my neck--today's version is a soft green one knitted from alpaca wool in Peru)
4. Buying wrapping paper when I can take home brown paper from work for free(thin sheets of brown paper in various sizes that are between every lite of glass... that would otherwise get thrown away and I can decorate with stamps, ink and colored ribbon) is _____________ ridiculous!
5. I feel more ______________sexy and confident and just plain comfortable in my own skin these days , even though I am close to 50, than when I was younger.
6. The tired lady got comfy in bed with a book, and as much as she fought against it, her eyes kept closing and she would startle awake to find the open book on her face and then finally gave up at two pages read and clicked off the light________...goodnight!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____book club night at a new Thai restaurant in town, tomorrow my plans include _____taking the early train to New York City for the day and Sunday, I want to _____finish decorating for Christmas in the house! (but, let's see how much I get done--I might be tired after getting in late the night before from my little NYC adventure)
14 comments:
Have a great time in the city!
Tomorrow will be the perfect time for you to go to NYC for the day. The weather is mild, the Rockefeller Center tree is up, Christmas is in the air, but the rush hasn't quite begun. Have fun!
We used to go to Manhattan at Christmas almost every year when I was young...
Hope you have a wonderful time. Sounds like a lovely weekend.
Also - I love decorating newsprint or craft paper instead of wrapping paper. Or reusing wrapping paper also works for me...
Thanks, Everyone! ...I am sure it'll be fun(I have never been to NYC at Christmas time), even if the weather predicted less than ideal--a mix of snow and rain throughout the day.
Have fun in NYC!!
I love and agree with your #5.;))
Have a great weekend Tina,
xo
Zuzana
Great fill in. I so agree with number two. No one has the right and it gets me mad when I see this lol.
Love your new pic Tina, you resemble a star in a photo shoot for a mag :)
#6 could have been written for me!!!:) It happens almost every night!!!:P
I love the idea of decorating the plain brown paper with stamps, inks and ribbons. How beautiful, not to mention unique and personal. As much time and effort (maybe even more) will have gone into the wrapping as went into the purchase of the gift. Your gift-giving is truly from the heart.
I really enjoyed reading your fill-ins. I liked all of your words.
#4 I love alpaca too. It is so soft. I bought my mom a pillow made from alpaca. Of course, before I bought it I asked if these animals were hunted and killed for the fur and the alpaca trader assured me that they weren't. I hope he wasn't lying to me.
Have a wonderful time in New York.
I haven't started decorating for Christmas yet either. I'm never this behind. I usually have all my Christmas cards addressed and mailed out the day after Thanksgiving.
I'm just getting caught up on your blog. So I will be commenting and reading your previous posts in spurts throughout today and tomorrow.
Eleanor Roosevelt, she really had a way with words...
#6 was me last night! I don't think I even got two pages in!
Post a Comment