Friday, February 12, 2010

Filling it in....


It's Friday Fill-in time, courtesy of Janet. (even if you don't want to participate, check out the link to the Friday Fill-in page to view the adorable Canine Valentine)


1. Pickles _____________and potato chips are the perfect complement to a tuna sandwich lunch(make that a tuna on toast sandwich-- my favorite at home Saturday lunch).


2. I am so glad to be at_________ at home (TGIF!, Even if I am working Saturday--my third in a row--so no "tuna-on-toast-with -a -pickle-lunch" for me tomorrow).


3. The snow is __________ just perfect this afternoon for making snowpeople. And snowballs.

4. I almost always feel at peace and happy when I am out_____________ in nature.


5. It's 5:16 PM; that means ______________ it's time for cocktails!


6. A record store________ is hard to find these days (believe it or not, there is one still in business in the little shopping plaza where I work).


7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____writing a blog entry(it feels good, after a few days where I was unable to do it),

and...cocktail hour(Pomegranate Cosmopolitans, anyone?),

tomorrow my plans include _____ work and then a pre-Valentine's Day dinner out at a secret location I chose(my husband reads my blog --"Hello, Dear.."--and I can't disclose any of the details for that reason)

and Sunday, I want to _____make heart shaped pancakes for breakfast and ,

eat fortune cookies

and watch the Zamboni! (my daughter's school chorus is singing the National Anthem on the ice at the Providence Bruins (farm team for the Boston Bruins) hockey game on Sunday and we have front row seats at the game, which happens to fall on the beginning of the Chinese New Year, as well as Valentine's Day)

10 comments:

Arty said...

The cocktail sounds good, so would a bowl full of pomegranate.
I heard how bad it was/is ? with the snow, I hope it poses no threat to commuters.
Happy a great weekend Tina :)

Gal Friday said...

~Happy WEEKEND to you, too, Arts!
The snow hasn't been so bad where I am --the usual amount we normally would get at this time of year-- so I am not complaining about it at all.
I have some pomegranates in a bowl(now is the season for buying them in the supermarket), too--love to eat those juicy seeds. :-)

Content in a Cottage said...

Happy Valentine's Day and Year of The Tiger/Chinese New Year too. Do you have to work on Presidents' Day? Hope not. You deserve a long weekend.
xo, Rosemary

Anonymous said...

What a weekend! It sound like fun. We finally got snow tonight in South Carolina. I put my toddler in bed with the promise we will play in it tomorrow.

Gal Friday said...

~ Rosemary,
I do have to work President's day(no one who works in a retail type place is off that day), but I am going to be looking forward to NEXT weekend, that is for sure!!

~ Hello JDaniel4's Mom,
I have been hearing about all the snow(and ice!) in the more southerly states! Hope you and your son both, are enjoying the white cold stuff today.

Zuzana said...

Love them all, but identify best with number 4 and 5.;))
Have an absolutely lovely weekend and enjoy your secret location thingy.;))
Many hugs,
Zuzana

JonJon Rosaleen said...

Heart shaped pancakes sounds nice.. and attractive?? Wow, how's that? I'm so amazed.. :)
Hope you'll have a great weekend!

Gal Friday said...

~Hello, Protege,
and thanks for the weekend salutations. We *did* enjoy our secret location and it turned out to be pretty much as I imagined it would be.

~Jon Jon Rosaleen(this has got to be the most interesting blogger name I have seen yet!),
Thanks for stopping by and the comment.
As for my pancake "hearts"--I just pour the batter out onto the pan and try to make "free-style" hearts(some turn out better than others, shape wise)

JonJon Rosaleen said...

Owh then it sounds yummy!!! I love eating pancakes with some toppings.

Rosaleen is my second name, and JonJon is my nicky at home. :)

Janet said...

Loved your answers to #s 1 & 5!