Sunday, February 7, 2010

Theatrical Book Browsing

Armchair traveller and bibliophile that I am, I was captivated by the existence of this place in Buenos Aries, Argentina.
It's a bookstore-El Ateneo-inside what was once a theater. There appears to be a cafe on the stage itself and seating for browsing in the balconies. Maybe one day I'll get to browse in this place. Until then, there is a video (link below) where you can see more views of this fabulous bookstore.

video of the bookstore here.

5 comments:

Zuzana said...

That looks really enchanting! What a beautiful place, I really can imagine how lovely it is to sit there and be totally submerged into the story of books.;)
xoxo
Zuzana

Claus said...

They come with the best ideas, huh? There is a clothing store in what once was a movie theater in Guatemala, but it's definitely not as inspiring and artistic as a library.

Kate said...

Oh wow, I want to go there!! I love the idea of browsing for a book and then sitting in one of the balconies to read!

Audrey said...

That is one amazing bookstore. I could spend a whole day there!

Anastasia Marou said...

Oh how I'd love to be sitting there browsing their treasures!