A nifty video shot from the air over portions of Rhode Island. This makes me long even more for summer when this little place really shines. Ocean breezes throughout the summer months keep it cool and comfortable and it is a great place to live(or visit). Small is beautiful.
In order of *appearance*
Rose Island Lighthouse
Newport Mansions
Newport Harbor
Newport Bridge
Narragansett Bay
Beavertail Lighthouse ( one of my favorite places in the entire state)
My town--shown from 1:20 to 1:37 !!
Block Island Ferry
Block Island views, including the old hotels and North Light at the northern tip of the island
Back on the mainland to the north part of the state
Pawtucket(make sure you pronounce it P'tuckit like a true Rhode Islander)
The capital city-Providence(not much of a skyline, aye?)
8 comments:
Tina, I looked at your town and it's lovely. Boy, Rhode Island really packs a lot of beauty in its smallness, doesn't it? Rosemary
What a beautiful clip for my coffee break - loved it. The images are absolutely dreamy. You live in a lovely part of the world.
I love the Conan quote on your sidebar by the way, it is true.
I hope your Friday is laid back and that your anxious thoughts from the night are gone.;)
Have a lovely weekend dear Tina,
xo
Zuzana
I loved this! You live in such a beautiful place... I really hope I will visit the east coast someday.
I also just noticed the Conan quote, I love it:)
Rosemary,
In all fairness, the video WAS made by the tourist board, so of course they showed only the best part(or some of the best parts), but RI is very pretty for the most part with tons of historical sites and a certain amount of "quirkiness" to make me feel right at home here(I have lived here since I was ten years old). And people do come in the summer and vacation in my seaside town--it's a pretty good place to be. (and I have always said that what I have seen of New Jersey was very nice--every place has it;s good and bad)
Zuzana,
Ahh...so you noticed my Conan quote!!
Yes, my anxious thoughts from the other evening have gone "pooft!"--thank you for thinking of me and understanding, by the way.
~Well, Kate,
YOU live in a very beautiful place yourself, and I hope one day to get to the west coast of this vast continent shared by two countries. :-)
Thanks for this virtual tour on Rhode Island. Say that I'm impressed would be an understatement. I loved the beaches and even dreamt of sailing away in the ocean on one of those sailing boats. I also marvelled at the abundance of green all over the place.
sitting here buried under 33 inches of snow I long for this.
I have never been to RI but it looks beautiful!
I bet your summers are glorious and not real hot too.
Hmm.....I'm dreaming now....
Lovely!!!:) Made me wish to go and visit you some day!!!:)
Beautiful! I want to visit Rhode Island :)
Post a Comment