Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Images of summer....

Okay..it's nearly March and I have reached my breaking point where I am sick to death of the dead grey cold of winter(and ice and snow) and want the summer to get here...soon, please? Dug these photos out of my personal archives of summer vacations past....

How about ...a summer morning with a fresh breeze blowing in through an open kitchen window?
Coffee sipped outside while sitting in an Adirondack chair,with bare toes dug into the cool grass.
With a lazy day ahead and plenty of time to work a puzzle....
an outdoor shower....


barefoot on a beach on Block Island ..


jumping into a cold mountain pool....wheeee....


bicycles...hydrangeas....
For some more summery images, go to Content In A Cottage







13 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

Don't despair...it's coming. Pretty soon you'll be blogging and complaining about spring cleanup. I don't look forward to raking all the gravel back in my driveway. I like winter. xo, Rosemary

cheatymoon said...

Is that your kitchen? I would love to be there sometime... in the summer... with the breeze blowing through.
Great post! It's so cold and rainy here right now. I would almost prefer snow...

Gal Friday said...

~Rosemary,
Oh, does my yard need a clean-up!! All the melted snow has revealed a million fallen branches and twigs and mucky blackened dead leaves!! I'll look forward to that first warmish spring day where I'll want to get going on cleaning everything up!
Hope you don't get hit too hard by the storm headed your way, too.

~Only,
I wish this were my kitchen!! It's rental home, though. Puzzles always make me think of summer vacations and rental cottages.
Me, too--cold rain is the pits..and it's plain ugly out. Snow covering everything would be better, I agree.

Jack said...

Oh don't stop! hehe!

I crossed over for a moment there. What refreshing photos. Thank you :D

Zuzana said...

LOVELY, LOVELY, LOVELY!!
I am so with you on this one, I long for spring like never before. We are still under tons of snow...
Loved all the pictures here as well.;))
xo
Zuzana

Kat_RN said...

Lovely images. I not only feel warmer, I am more relaxed. What fun. Nice to meet you.
Kat

Anastasia Marou said...

Just as I thought that summer was on the way and even started planning my summer holiday, the whims of the weather brought winter back after a week of brilliant sunny days. I guess those were the Days of Alcyon! So on this gloomy, rainy Thursday and while snow is falling on Troodos again, your images look like a prelude to summer. I'm off to work before the storm breaks out dreaming of golden sandy beaches and romantic dinners under the stars.

Claus said...

Beautiful set of pictures! Love the outdoor shower. What a clever idea for the summertime! :-)
Patience my friend. I'm sure warmer temperatures will arrive shortly. Hang in there!

Manders said...

Sigh...Summer...I can't wait to get out of the house more often. Picnics at the park, days at the Zoo, daytrips with my Mama....So good.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Aah, you're killing me here.
I am so winter weary. Another storm coming later today.

I don't live in an area where summer is open windows but normally spring is...and i am longing for it. but "normally" doesn't seem to be working this year. Normally my daffodils and tulips are up by March for us here. This year they are still buried under snow.

Clare said...

Wonderful post! It also reminded me that I have an unfinished puzzle upstairs! I can only get to it when R. is in bed because her little fingers would be all over it.

We still have rain here in Cali but it is heading out of the door and I can see the sun beginning to shine through.

Barb said...

As I'm viewing you summer pics, it's snowing here in CO. My summer will be a longer time coming than yours, I think! But - I enjoy dreaming with you.

creative kerfuffle said...

LOVE this! especially the puzzle shot : ) i'm about to lose my mind w/ the one we're working. jasper undoes as much in a day as we get done. the hubs suggested covering it w/ poster board to keep him off of it---so far so good.