Sunday, February 14, 2010

Short and Sweet

photo from Necco website



Clocking in at barely more than a minute, this Elvis Costello version is really the best version of "My Funny Valentine"(sends chills down my spine when I listen to it). And Mr. F would agree, as I know this is his favorite too, so I'm dedicating this song to him today.


5 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

I got a kick out of the candy heart messages. Text Me. Tweet Me. Too funny. Wonder if there is a Blog Me? Happy Valentine's Day. Rosemary

creative kerfuffle said...

i love those necco heart candies :) yum. happy valentine's day tina!

Joanne said...

I read recently where the necco heart messages were all new this year, suggested by the consumers. They're so very Valentine, aren't they?

Have a happy Valentine's Day!

Zuzana said...

I hope you had a great evening. And a lovely Sunday.;)
I love this song, my favorite version is by Chet Baker.
xo
Zuzana

Gal Friday said...

~Rosemary,
I wish there WERE a "Blog Me" sweetheart candy!

~c.k.,
They changed the flavor of these candies!! And not for the better. I gave my daughter a box yesterday, and they now have this horridly sweet urinal cake flavor(not that I have ever tasted a urinal cake, but they taste like one smells)instead of that pleasantly dusty and chalky flavor they used to have. So sad...

~Joanne,
I guess the customers also requested the flavor being changed(but I don't think they should have changed that)

~Mornin' Zuzana,
I was in bed by 9:30 last night--exhausted after being away for six hours at a hockey game--it was a fun but long day.
I think I featured the Chet Baker "My Funny Valentine" on my blog last year at this time.