

..Friday!
Yes, it is that time again. It's good to be home with my shoes kicked off and away from work for a few days. The tension between two of my co-workers was so thick and toxic when I sneaked out of there a little while ago. I was so glad to get the heck outta there.
And now let the fun begin--it's the weekend
and time for a
1. I am so looking forward to _____________next Saturday. I am signed up for a Soul Collage workshop. I'll actually be stepping out of my comfort zone a little and am going to be making art and do a little self exploration alongside other people--not just me all holed up by myself, for a change.
2. "Enjoy yourself,
2. "Enjoy yourself,
it's _________ later than you think." ~ Prince Buster.
3. When you get __________to a fork in the road,
3. When you get __________to a fork in the road,
take it. ;-)
4. National Public Radio _____________ is a big part of my life. It's always on, it seems--even at work(and I make my dog listen to it in the house when I am away).
5. "If you need anything ______________, just whistle."
6. Hmmm...my daughter is hosting a "movie night" on Saturday and there are two boys invited, so seeing her interact with these young men on our home turf should be ________ a trip.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____simply hanging out with my small family unit(husband, daughter, dog, cat),
4. National Public Radio _____________ is a big part of my life. It's always on, it seems--even at work(and I make my dog listen to it in the house when I am away).
5. "If you need anything ______________, just whistle."
6. Hmmm...my daughter is hosting a "movie night" on Saturday and there are two boys invited, so seeing her interact with these young men on our home turf should be ________ a trip.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____simply hanging out with my small family unit(husband, daughter, dog, cat),
tomorrow my plans include _____listening to the Car Talk guys(on yes, NPR!),signing R up for sewing lessons and doing some house cleaning
and Sunday, I want to _____watch a movie(maybe Avatar)!
15 comments:
Webster listens to NPR when I'm out too. He really likes the Car Talk crazy guys. Have a great weekend, Rosemary
sounds like a perfect weekend to me Tina! enjoy!!
I like the fork in the road one...Have a good weekend - it sounds perfect with your family time.
I so wish I lived closer. I would love to do that workshop. The closest one to here is Augusta. Please let me know how it is - it seems soooo up my alley.
And I love Car Talk. Tons.
God wasn't Lauren a beauty?
Not counting the cleaning it sounds like a great weekend!
Please share about soul college. Not sure I completely understand it.
Happy belated Friday my friend and a happy Saturday to you!
I love the one about the fork.;)) Great!
Enjoy your weekend, hopefully with some sunshine.
xoxo
Zuzana
I've missed your Friday fill-ins, I've been reading some and may copy one of them and fill it on my blog (even though it's Saturday!!!...)...Is it a story about the fork or is it just a metaphore? I loved the whistle idea, I've heard a Romanian movie got the Silver Bear trophy at the Berlin Film Festival and loved its title: "If I want to whistle, I whistle", maybe I'll get to watch it.
I also meant to add that your flagrance of the day is my all time favourite, Noa by Cacharel...I don't have it anymore, but I've got another one I really like, "J'adore" by Dior...
I love collaging. Your workshop sounds heavenly.
~Rosemary,
That just made my day--learning that Webster also *listens* to NPR in the house! Daughter and I listened to the Click and Clack Bros. as we drove north on the highway yesterday in the pouring rain--made the drive much more enjoyable.
~Doreen,
So far, so good...it's been a lovely weekend.
~Barb,
I saw that phrase once in a book and it always stuck in my mind. :-)
~Eron,
Awww..me, too--wish you were closer and we could both attend.(and ahhh...Augusta--my old home town--where time has stood still..)
Too funny about you loving the Car Talk, too! They are just a part of my Saturday routine by now.
~Peg,
I thought the same thing--about Bacall--when I was looking for photos of her(and there were a few that were so stunning, that I saved, them, too). --Click on the word "Soul Collage" and a link will take you to it's website.
~Thanks, Zuzana!
Of course, at this point, Friday is a fuzzy memory. ;-) It's been stormy(our fence blew over!) and rainy but this morning the sun is *trying* to come out.
~Patricia,
It seems like old(Yahoo 360) times, seeing your message here! The "fork in the road" phrase is a funny play on a common expression and a good one for me because I normall can't decide what to do.
Do you know I bought that bottle Of Noa Perle perfume becasue you once wrote about NOa and I was intrigued? I couldn't find the original Noa(in the white bottle) but found the "Perle" and I love to wear it on rainy days for some reason(have yet to sniff Noa).
~Pseudo,
I find it interesting that you, too, like collaging--wonder if you'll ever feature any of your's on your blog?
Oh, I remember that blog entry about my perfumes...I can't find the white Noa, but a friend told me she saw it in the duty free shop of the airport...:( So maybe next time I travel somewhere...
How was the movie? Hubby wants to go see it but I'm not a huge fan of the IMAX movies (I always feel a little nauseous watching 3D).
Looking forward to seeing some of your work from the workshop. Hope you will be posting some on here.
Well, it's actually Monday all over again...sigh...and this early, I'm wishing for a new Friday.
I like that you leave music on for Jewel! We do the same to Mateo and Lucas, as I once read it makes them feel home and familiar with the empty surroundings. How curious!, don't you think?
The guys on Car Talk saved me from a nasty bout of homesickness when I lived in Japan. Oh how nice it was to hear their accents!!!
~Patricia,
Yes, it seems all the 'Noas' are hard to find. My Noa Perle is half way finished and I don't know if I'll ever get another one. I hope you'll find your "white" bottle Noa sometime in the near future.
~Jack,
Here it is...two weeks(?) later, and still I have not seen Avatar. My weekends go by so quickly with so much going on(and no time for blogg writing or reading, either)
I have only seen one IMAX movie so far(in Boston, two years ago) and I was like you--apprehensive of the vertigo effect.
~Claudia,
Well...two weeks later and I am getting around to your comment! I once read that a puppy might be more comfortable at home alone with the sound of human voices, so I started leaving the "talk/news" radio station on for her. I feel now that I started that routine I can't stop, either.
~Janet,
Someone in my book club said pretty much the same thing(she had been living in Oregon and hearing the Cah Tawk guys made her feel connected to home in New England)
Post a Comment