Sunday, March 14, 2010

One more Bacall...

....photo.
When I was searching for her image for Friday's blog entry, I came across this one of Lauren Bacall. From the 40's? 50's? But what I liked about it was the timelessness of it.
Her hair, clothing--her style--is so current. I wish I were wearing that green blouse and that ring. The natural, girlish expression on her face is so different from the more smoldering studio images I have usually seen of her, too.

8 comments:

BONNIE K said...

She was a beautiful lady.

Patricia said...

You're right, that photo looks like it has just been taken in the 21st century...I think that girlish look was all about how young she was, before she had decided on the kind of style to adopt as an actress...

Carole Poirot said...

I love that picture! It lookes so natural and she looks sweet and glamorous at the same time. A timeless shot, thanks for sharing :-)

Barb said...

Well, even with the blouse and ring, I wouldn't look like Bacall!

Jack said...

Timeless is right.
I want that blouse too!

Claus said...

I love the ring! Indeed, her style is very now! :-o She is very pretty, isn't she? I have usually seen her serious, so it was nice to look at this picture of her smiling.

Anastasia said...

Lauren Bacall! What a lady! Was she really engaged to Frank Sinatra or is it just a rumour?

Arden-Arcade Sewing Machine Repair said...

Loved reading this thank yoou