from The Red SeatHusband singing and strumming his guitar(Crowded House's "Better Be Home Soon")in the other room.
**
Red Sox(wearing their St. Patrick's Day green jerseys, of course) game from spring training down in Florida on the television( less than three weeks until opening day!)
**
Laughing at all the cars(lot was full, cars lining both sides of the main road and also up and down the side streets) parked because of the "Irish bar-at-the-top-of-the-hill's" biggest day of the year(must be corned beef and cabbage on the menu today!), and me turning and going off in the other direction for my pizza from the Greek place.
**
As I was going to my car with the dog(along for the ride to the pizza place), a little boy out on his tricycle with his Dad down the street, shouting at us, "Hey, Peoples! We have a giant shamrock party in our backyard!".
**
David Cook appearing on Idol tonight.
**
Jamie Cullum on Ellen tomorrow(will be taped and watched later Thursday night)!
**
Having a day off when it's sunny with cloudless bright blue skies and 60*F!
**
Since St.'s Pat's Day is nearly over, that means St. Joseph's Day coming up ..and that means zeppole!
12 comments:
Somehow I missed David Cook on idol... but thanks for the Jamie Cullum heads up.
Great post, T. :-)
sounds like a wonderful day : )
Ooh thanks for the update on Jamie Cullum on Ellen! Tivo will be set.
I missed David Cook???? How is that possible??? I should have read this blog sooner.
Now St. Joseph is a celebration here!, though on a religious side of it: mass, processions, meetings and reunions at church... interesting how everything is rather religious around here. Very few holidays are meant to "party" :-)
have a lovely day!
What a pity we don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Bulgaria... Sounds like so much fun!!!:) And I love green!!!:)
Paddies Day is big here as well ;). Lots of festivities.
On St Patricks itself we didn't have much time so we just went for drinks in the local Irish pub (in our street ;) But I will even have a Paddies event next week!!
The American club will be organizing it though, in the Irish pub somewhere nearby :). Looking forward to it. Funny it is celebrate all around the world! Everywhere Irish people I guess.
"hey peoples!" cute ;-)
by the way, love the Gal Friday soup on your sidebar!!
What a wonderful day! I haven't checked it out yet but most Irish pubs over here (we've got a lot!) must have been crowded on the 17th - especially those at the seafront.
Hello dear Tina, I am back from my break.;)
Love all your good things, particularly the first one.;)
I adore Jamie and 60 degrees and sunshine? What can beat that.;)
Have a lovely first spring day,
xo
Zuzana
~Only,
That was the only part of Idol I caught that night(Cook), but I heard there was some awful so-called music from "Kesha"(?)
Did you end up catching Jamie on "Ellen"? Guess what? My husband bought tickets today for Jamie when he comes to Newport this summer(was announced two days ago!!!!!)
~ Creative,
Yeah, it was a good day, and I am glad I blogged about it here because otherwise I would already have forgotten about it.
~Peg,
Oooohhh...you are a Cullum fan, too??!! No one knows who I am talking about when I rave about him to friends and co-workers. It was just announced this week that he is playing at the Newport Jazz Festival in August and...I have tickets!
~Manders,
He was brilliant, and I maybe you could find the footage on Hulu or YouTube?
~Claudia,
St. Joseph's Day isn't so much a party here(not yet like St. Patrick's Day), and still based in religion. Since I am not Catholic, myself, I just really enjoy the traditional Italian pastry that shows up in the bakeries at that time of year.
~Vessie,
From what I have read at your blog, you have already so many other celebrations in your country!!
~Marcelle,
That is so intertesting about how big St. Pat's Day is there, too!!
~Kate,
heh...."hey, peoples"--that was a cute way of addressing my dog and I. ;-)
~Anastasia,
Now, that is interesting to me, too--that in Cyprus there are Irish pubs. But, of course, there would be.
~Zuzanna,
I NEED to visit your blog(have been on my own little sabbatical away from Blogger THIS week). Hope it's been "spring-y" for you lately.
Well, Tina, what can I say... Bulgarians love holidays/celebrating...:) We seem to never have enough of them...:) Recently I saw an interview with a Welsh guy who has been living in Bulgaria for a few years /and let me tell you that his Bulgarian was amazingly good with the cutest accent possible;)/. He said that what he both liked and hated here most was that we had too many hoidays...:P
Post a Comment