This week just flew by! But maybe it is because I had Monday and Tuesday off. ;-)It's that time of the week again--Friday Fill-In time.
1. Up to Maine or the mountains in New Hampshire_____________ is my favorite place to travel to.(Northeast Kingdom in Vermont is a favorite place, too--I just love all of northern New England, I guess)2. When I think about my childhood, I often remember _________ certain smells!
--head-ache inducing Avon solid perfumes made for children,
burning leaves,
those wax lips,
the smell of the new addition to the school I attended in the first grade,
barbecue potato chips,
damp freshly printed mimeo papers,
Barbie legs,
pine needles,
my mother's Jergens lotion.
I could go on and on.... .
3. Someone who can accept and respect differences of opinion__________ makes for a good friend.
4. The wind in the trees, the rain on my skin, _____________ and me pedaling madly to reach home.
5. Finding a letter or package in the mailbox______________ is so exciting!
6. My best friend knows ________the worst about me.
12 comments:
I love your list of smells! I could identify with each one; they are very applicable to my life as well.
I taught with a man who held the estimating jar filled with wax lips and told our class, "These are the lips of all the children who have lied." It was good I was there to comfort them. ;)
I also agree with you about finding a package, or a real letter, in the mail...especially if it's a book from a publisher to review!
Happy weekend with your Gal Pals.
I could totally identify with all the smells on your childhood list. Down to the Avon smelly stuff since my dad worked for Avon as a chemical engineer when I was young. He always brought home samples.
I love Northern NE too.
Have a great weekend, T!
I am with you on the childhood and smells and yes I recall barbie legs!!;)
Your number three is so true.;)
To Spain, as the country (?), I am confused.;)
Have a great weekend dear Tina no matter where you are going to be, here it is finaly sunny and warm.;))
xoxo
I'm going to try commenting again now that I have a new VPN connection ;). I have the feeling it's running a little smoother than the first one so I hope it will access to blog land a little easier as well :)
Isn't it amazing how smells make you think of certain moments in your life and vice versa. I so love that!!
I loved your no. 6... I guess that's very true!
And of course your no. 5 could be mine ;)
Have a great weekend my dear!
X
I love your fill in fridays.
I never had a barbie as a child. I did have a pet baby mouse once! I wrote a post on that one.....
Spain looks like a fine place to be. did you guys have fun?
~Hey dolceb.,
So glad you can relate to those scents(we must be around the same age?)
Your comment is reminding me to come over to your blog again soon to check out more book reviews.:-)
~Erin(who is lucky enough to LIVE in NE!),
so, you know these scent memoriues, too. I don't know if they still make stuff like that, but I remember always getting these horrid smelling solid perfume gifts(made for little girls) by Avon from my grandmother. They gave me a wicked headache but I always tried smearing some on anyway.
~Hi Zuzana,
I *wish* I were jetting off to Spain for the weekend, but it was to a restaurant called Spain that we went to on Friday night(we were the last diners in the place--two rounds of sangria and Spanish appetizers). If you click on the two "Spain" links, they will take you to the restaurant's website.
~Marcelle,
Always glad when you can get access to Blogger! :-) Scent(or even trying to recall that scent) can really trigger memories from our past(childhood) so vividly, can't they?
~Peg,
Thanks for reading my Fill-In's!(if you ever want to "play along", click on the "Friday Fill-In" link. Usually the fill-in-of-the- week is up by Thursday evening.
~Doreen,
We had a lovely evening at
"Spain"(and a walk on the beach with wineglasses in hand before that)on Friday night. :-)
I remember your baby mouse story.
Some of the items you were remembering brought back memories for me, too. My Mother also used Jergens, and I always buy the old almond original scent so I can think of her. Also - those wax lips (they must have been around forever!). My daughter went to St Johnsbury Academy, so I like the North Kingdom, too. Have a great week.
wax lips!!! I saw some up in North Conway this weekend and meant to buy a pair to take funny pictures with...but forgot. Oh well...have to take another ride!
*white flesh*...you have the funniest terms...remember the ash? and how much effort it went into cleaning (still remains every day *argh!*)? my very own white flesh tanned! and there was no sun, which is weird. My face, arms and half a lef (I was wearing shorts!) are now golden :-)
Better late than never! Here are my belated Friday fill-in
1. Anywhere in Greece_____________ is my favorite place to travel to.(Thessaloniki, Alexandroupolis, Serres, Kastoria, Nafplio, Athens, the Greek islands...I can't have enough!)
2. When I think about my childhood, I often remember _________ birthday parties and Christmas and mum's cooking,playing only with boys (no girls of my age in the neighbourhood!), summer holidays with grandma at Platres, going to the cinema on Sunday afternoon, making bracelets and necklaces with jasmin, being hooked on reading Tom Soyer and Polyana...
3. Someone who will always stand up for you in rocky times and share the happy times__________ makes for a good friend.
4. The wind in the trees, the rain on my skin, _____________ and me feeling miserable!
5. Sunrises and sunsets______________ are so exciting!
6. My best friend knows ________the worst about me.
7. And as for the weekend, I'm looking forward to _____ my French A Level class on Saturday morning, a night out and probably barbecue on the veranda on Sunday.
~Barb,
I love St. Johnsbury! I remember the old museum(with planaterium) there, the old Anthenium, and the yummiest pancakes at a diner we ate at near there...
~Janet,
Bet you were in Zebs! ;-)
~Claus,
Because you were out so much, even the merest hint of sun was enough to tan you. Makes me think that is why we are told to wear sunscreen every day.
My legs are still white, BTW.
~Anastasia,
I remember you once writing about being the only girl in the neighborhood, growing up. Thanks for doing the "fill-in" here. :-)
Post a Comment