
I don't know why I am even typing this entry. I have nothing much to say(other than how tired and droopy I am feeling this morning--woke up tired) This is going to be totally off the cuff, so to speak. Whatever thought enters my mind will wind up typed.
Are you ready?
For example, a second ago, just outside my window I heard a bike whiz by on the street and a man's voice saying "Morning. How are you?",
and then crunching shoes on gravel as a woman walked past answering him,
"Fine, thanks." That's nice--a little friendly civility in the morning.
I have just gotten in from my morning walk with the dog. A quick one since I kept thinking at any minute the skies were going to open up and rain down on us.
But we got back to the house dry,
I poured myself a third cup of coffee(but it isn't as if I ever actually finish those first and second cups with all my walking around in the house in the morning--I put the cup down and forget it and then have to refill it once the contents have gone cold),
spritzed on some Amor Amor
(figured the bottle and juice matched the red berry colors I am wearing today),
and here I am.
President Obama's voice can be heard from down the hall--NPR radio is on in the kitchen as it is every morning. Wonder if he is rethinking his decision to ever want to be president of the United States, with everything he has to juggle and attempt to "fix"? I wonder how aged he'll look when he gets out of office?
Speaking of stress, on a smaller scale of course,
it seems I am surrounded by people lately who are unhappy with their jobs--and rightly so. Mr. F got some upsetting news about his job. Basically he has to move all the contents of his large, spacious classroom(which he has been in for two years)into a tiny, portable "trailer" type classroom(which will hold a larger number of students) for next year because of restrictions made by parents and school rules(apparently one of those rules is that first graders are not allowed to climb stairs EVER so always have to be placed in lower level classrooms, and because of next year's class sizes, the first graders will move into Mr. F's current classroom). Then, I think he'll have to move out of their again(with all his stuff) for the year after that! I remember when a teacher had the same classroom in a school year after year.
My co-worker, who just got back from a 2 week vacation has been miserable back on the job. I can't blame him for being upset with the situation, but his constant complaining and dour outlook(and black silences) are starting to get to me. It's as if he is also angry with me for just being there and trying to make the best of a sometimes bad situation(and getting the work done!). He is off today, and I hope he is a bit cheerier tomorrow. I know he has some crappy stuff going on, but it seems like he has been like this for the last two years now. I can't take any more of his miserableness.
And..it's Thursday, isn't it? That means we are two days away from the weekend, again. Just have to get through these two days, is all.
And then, it might be time for some "happiness in a bottle"-- Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy beer. It's my new summer beer(the Corona with lime was getting a little old). Weiss(white--a pale wheat) beer with lemonade flavor. It's really good, trust me!
8 comments:
I heard on the news this morning that President Obama is going to talk to the governor of AZ...good luck with that!
I also work with a very negative, complaining type of person and you're right...it's very draining!
I hope you have a great day without Mr. Cranky pants at work.
You know it takes more energy to be miserable than to put on a happy face. I am not saying be all Pollyanna but really if you must whine and make those around you miserable stay home. This is my pet peeve.
I want to tell them to get a blog. I vent there - and at work I am happy and smiling and people think I am always like that.....they don't read me. :-)
I too am currently upset with my job. For the last month actually, and I'm trying to figure out what I should do. For the time being, I'm trying to do what I need to do, and do my best, but I do think some action needs to be taken. Ahh...this feeling of discontent eventually will take a toll.
It seems like rain later on in the day, so on top of all - and the tired feeling I've been dragging since Monday - will probably make me want to sleep. Weekend shortly! and Niece-sitting tomorrow, so at least something nice to look forward to :-)
Have a good day! hopefully, with no rain. :-)
This was a perfect entry for a rainy afternoon. Moving rooms as a teacher is rotten!! You have so much stuff. It is almost like moving a one room apartment. Hopefully all goes smoothly.
Hope the rest of your day is smooth!!
I love the photo of the beer. I think I need to go pour myself something.
Why aren't first graders permitted to ever climb the stairs? That is an absurd law!!! Poor Mr. F having to move all of his stuff into a trailer. I thought we were going to have rain but it's a beautiful day after all. Cheer up...have a milkshake for lunch. That always works for me. xo, Rosemary
Coffee refills are energy boosters, especially in the morning. I've had a long, tiring, exhausting week and I'm glad the weekend is here. Tomorrow is my first Saturday off work and can't wait for that short weekend away in Protaras. I don't think I'll have my first swim in the sea,after all. The sea feels cold and I'm packing my marking as well which I hope to finish while sunbathing!
I had one of those trailer classrooms for two years. It was grim.
Our work situation is getting more and more stressful every day. Lots of changes coming down the pike. Lots of grumpy people. Though I still love my job.
Obama is showing the stress on his face. Hope he has time to enjoy his kids and is able to relax a bit.
Post a Comment