Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Couple Of Old Guys Singing.....

...their hearts out.
While driving along into town yesterday, with my hand stuck out the window to catch the fresh cool sea air, my happy day(a day off--my fourth in a row) was made even better when I heard this song on the radio(on my most favorite radio station) for the first time. It's a 2007 release --Van Morrison and Tom Jones singing together. I just love their voices! " Cry For Home"-Van Morrison with Tom Jones.

4 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Is there anything better than Van Morrison's voice? It's comforting to me. And Tom Jones - I used to make fun then saw him in concert and went dragging my feet, WOW what the hell was I thinking?

Now I must check out this radio station.

Zuzana said...

The combination of their voices is superb.;) I love that sensation when one hears that particular song for the first time, and knows instantly this one is simply special.;)
I hope you are having a great week dear Tina,
xo

Gal Friday said...

Thanks, ladies...for having a listen.
I feel exactly the same way as you, Peg, about Van the Man's voice, and even Tom Jones. It's as if you aren't supposed to admit to liking Tom Jones but...I would definitely go to one of his concerts if he came around!
And Zuzana,
so you knew exactly what I was trying to describe--when you hear a certain song for the first time and how it can just "grab" you!

cheatymoon said...

As you know... listening to Van Morrison is like going to church for me. His music has had such a profound effect on my life.
Great song - and I love that photo at the top of the post...