I like all the different people
I like sticky everywhere
Look around, you bet I'll be there!
Hot metal in the sun
Pony in the air
Sooey and saints at the fair
**
Saints (The Breeders)
**
*
It's nearly Memorial Day weekend--the "official" beginning of summer for those of us in the U.S.(although with a shadow cast over this weekend because of the still flowing oil leak in the Gulf)
Although, I truly thought it was a sign of the beginning of summer when I went and had the first cold Del's lemonade of the season a few weeks ago. I am about to begin a long weekend, with Cosmos and Sangria and canoe trips on my mind(don't worry, though--the canoe trip will not be combined with Cosmos or Sangria!).
So, a little Friday Fill-In fun(go here if you want to "fill in", too) and a summery playlist I created(turn it up!)
2. Summer _________is ready when you are. (line from a Breeders song--"Saints"--see below in my playlist)
3. Just about the only footwear my daughter will wear all summer are __________ flip flops.
4. To love someone is _____________ to accept them, annoying habits, differences and all. Hopefully, they'll do the same for you. ;-)
5. I would love to take______________ a long hike.
6. When I crave food, it's usually ________something savory and/or spicy.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____being a couch potato, tomorrow my plans include _____canoeing on a river and Sunday, I want to _____work in the garden and drink Sangria and give Jewel her Birthday bone and new hot pink argyle patterned collar(she turns 7 on May 30), not necessarily in that order!
1. Magic Trick ~ She & Him
- 2. Put Your Records On ~ Corinne Bailey Rae
- 3. All The Way Up To Heaven ~ Guster
- 4. Saints ~ The Breeders
- 5. Who Cares What The Question Is? ~ The Bees
- 6. These Are The Days ~ Jamie Cullum
- 7. You Ought To Be With Me - Al Green
- 8. Walk A Mile ~ Holly Golightly
- 9. And She Was ~ Talking Heads
- 10. Then She Appeared ~ XTC
- 11. Everyday ~ Vetiver
- 12. Funky Kingston ~ Toots & The Maytals
- 13. Better Than ~ John Butler Trio
- 14. Double Chocolate Malted ~ Jonathan Richman

14 comments:
Have the best beginning of summer! Long awaited, huh? Hope it is kind and enjoyable to ya! ;-)
have a wonderful weekend Tina!! I like flip flops too.
In Cyprus the summer has already arrived triumphantly- with great blue skies and temperatures rising to 28*C on the coast and 30+ inland. But work comes first and I haven't had my first swim of the year yet...Hopefully next weekend!
Have a great weekend! Sounds as though you have some fun plans. At first I thought you meant the magazine and then realized, "OH - she means the flower Cosmos!" Smiles to you...
Summer is truly taking a detour here though. I am sitting outside in winter jacket and boots, hmmm.
I very much agree with your #4 and love your music list too.;)
Have a lovely weekend dear Tina.
xoxo
~Claudia,
Oh yes--I am so ready for summer. The time of breakfast ouside in the back garden is here!!
~Doreen,
I couldn't find my own sandals yesterday when I had to run out to the store, so I slipped on a pair of my daughter's flip-flops. Pretty darn comfy!
~Anastasia,
I hope you get your first dip in the sea next weekend. Here, it is around 20*C today--not quite hot yet not cool--the way I wish it would stay all summer.
~Barb,
Thank you for taking the time out from your wandering(wonder where you were when you read this entry)to comment.
I actually meant the drink "Cosmopolitan" when I wrote Cosmo(but Cosmos the flower are a favorite of mine, too--too early here for them to be in bloom, tho)
~Zuzana,
Now that is just not right, to have to be bundled up like that on the last weekend of May. It had better improve for you over there, my friend!
I'm so glad you stopped by my blog, because I returned the 'favor' and love yours! It's so fresh, so whimsical, so reflective of who you must be. (In many ways I miss my old Blogger template, which was this white one; it's so simple, and can be delicately enhanced to reflect our personalities.) Anyway, love spicy food, love canoeing. It's nice to meet you!
(I began writing a comment to this post hours ago but never completed it. Only now am I able to).
I find I still struggle with no.4. Does that mean I'm not capable of love entirely after all this time? (Hmm. A thought) Lol
Canoing on the river sounds so much fun. I would have joined you :)
It feels like summer has come here too but it isn't consistent yet. I don't mind. There's plenty of time for it to be hot.
We went on a picnic. We never do that. Two hours of laying on a blanket on a sunny day. Wicked. Fun.
Hoping your weekend is lovely. Have a Sangria for me...
~dolceb.,
What a wonderful comment! Thanks for stopping by and I'll have to check out your blog more often in the future. I am glad you like the "simple, white" look of this blog, because, I do, too. :-) I have tried colors, but always switch back to this--it is easy on the eyes, I think.
~arty,
Oh, I struggle with the issue of no. 4. too. Believe me.
I wish I could have had you along for the river excursion. I ended up in one of the two kayaks(there were five of us--three in the canoe) and loved it--3 1/2 hours of serenity and beauty in a hidden part of my state.
only,
I haven't done something like that(the picnic and just lying in the warmth of the sun)in a long time. Sounds like pure bliss.
I'll raise my glass(or two) to you when I sip my Sangria later...
I think UK summer (as usual) has been and gone within 3 days - a week ago...It's been cold and rainy here, so I don't even want to think about what I'd wear if only it was warm enough... I'm sure the heat will return at some point - probably end of September for a long weekend ;-) Love from London x
sounds like a lovely weekend : ) happy belated bday to jewel : ) we need a pic of her in her new collar : )
and? my kids only want to wear flip flops too and they start wanting to wear them about a month before it's really warm enough and don't want to stop until there's snow on the ground.
It's got 28*C today and, hopefully, I'll be a daredevil .... and have my first swim at the weekend. Sea water temperature:17*C ! Hope it rises by Saturday!
omg you just reminded me of my love of stuffed quahogs :-) and I love your answer to #4...I'm learning to do that now.
Post a Comment