Thursday, June 24, 2010

When Life Hands You...

..cherries,
put them in your morning yogurt!
Add some slivered almonds and it's the breakfast of champions. Almost like eating a dessert.
I have been enjoying this for breakfast lately, with cherries now in season and available in the market.
Which makes me think, that cherries may be one of the few fruits that still are not available year-round in the supermarkets. Which is a good thing, because it makes their June appearance more exciting.

8 comments:

Anastasia said...

I sometimes miss those good old years when we enjoyed fruit and vegetables at the right season. I remember mum baking a strawberry birthcake for me as we had the first ripe strawberries in early April. Now, you can even find water melon in December or peaches in January! I love cherries. As a little girl I first used them as earrings and then ate them!

As it was impossible to send a trackback on Blogger, let me tell you that I did say something about you and your wonderful blog on TypePad (in the comments).
http://everything.typepad.com/blog/2010/06/the-friday-roundup-world-cup-edition.html

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

...and they taste better because they are not picked before their time.

I may have to try this. It looks decadent.

cheatymoon said...

Your blog won't show up in my google reader... it's so weird.

Anyway - I think cherries is the one fruit that makes my mouth itchy, so I avoid 'em. I'm a strawberry eating fiend these days... come to think of it... I'm off to get more.

xo

creative kerfuffle said...

i LOVE cherries. they've just started showing up in our grocery store but man they're so expensive. i could eat a whole bag of cherries at a time.

saiyamei said...

Oh Tina, I just LOVE cherries! I've been eating them with everything lately. My friend's dad even brought me a kilo of sweet cherries the other day from their village.I was in heaven!!!

Pseudo said...

That looks delicious.

Claus said...

I don't think I have EVER seen cherries at the supermarket, or rural markets! maybe they are not as popular here, and they don't grow them? Maybe they have to import the fruit, turning into an expensive treat, and hence people don't buy it? Must learn the truth behind this.

Yummy breakfast!
have a great day.

Janet said...

mmm, that does look good! it's been blueberries & granola in my yogurt lately.