After her first sewing lesson last spring, she choose a classic navy with small white dot fabric and sewed herself a skirt with it. I was so proud .
And, she just bought herself a classic "oh-so-French" bateau-type top the other day (which I am already planning on "borrowing", because, well..she borrows certain clothing items from my closet all the time).
So, she and I were very happy shoppers the other day in Marshall's.
Me and Miss R decided to look around since we hadn't been in there in some time(say--a week and a half).
We weren't in the store two minutes and R had already honed in on a display of winter(!) scarves and had wrapped herself in a reversible one--one side grey with big navy blue dots, other side navy with big grey spots.
Almost right after she scooped up that scarf for herself, I saw the back end of a woman pass by and she was wearing pants I wished I had! They were slim navy Swiss dotted (small white polka dots all over). I had an urge to go over and ask her where she got them, but that would have been far too embarrassing for my daughter if I did that, so I restrained myself from following her and asking.
Somehow, we eventually ended up at the back of the store where the racks and racks of lingerie are. I decided I needed some new undies(always "bikini" style for me--never any thongs, hipsters and certainly never...briefs. TMI?). Almost right away, we again spotted polka dots! On silky bikini undies!. So, yes, I now have a few pairs of black Swiss dot bikini underwear. All I need now is a pair of matching polka dot trousers to pull on over them.
** I think I'll need to follow up with a "stripes" themed entry soon, as well.


5 comments:
Ooooo I also love polka dots!! (And bikini briefs!) I am glad that you and R had a fun time shopping. Can't wait till Miss Ems is old enough for a shopping trip with Mom! That will be great! She already LOVES to shop!! :-)
I love polka dots - but never ever have worn them.
Sounds like a great shopping day!
But I would have asked the woman where she got her pants. People always ask me where I get my hair cut and such things - your daughter would have survived....in about 10 yrs. :-)
I love dots! They are very playful, yet, I avoid them on clothing. I'm not exactly the "model" type, so adding some round figures certainly does not help :-)
I took a look at the top link. What a pretty top! And I have one like it! Did not know that's how they call it, though. Now I do! I haven't been shopping for a while now. I'm in need of some shoes and want something in purple. I always feel the need of some purple as the year comes to an end...weird thing.
have a pretty day!
~Amanda,
It sounds shallow, but my daughter and I have awonderful time together shopping. It is a nice bonding time for us,and for the most part, we even have similar tastes and can wear each other's clothes and shoes because we are pretty much the same size(although she wears a size 1 jean and um, I am not THAT small)
~Peg,
I am the same way with paisley patterns--like them but for some reason, never wear them.
~Claudia,
There are the small "swiss" dot patterns--they are not big at all, and aclassic look.
Rachel's striped top was a lot less expensive than the real thing(the French version) shown at that site, but the same look.
how very neat that you two share clothing likes. the girl and i don't at all. gone are the days of me being able to buy something for her if she's not there because i'd most certainly pick something she hated. lol
Post a Comment