Monday, August 16, 2010

Some people(and dogs) walk in the rain....


"Some people walk in the rain,
others just get wet. " ~ Roger Miller
**
*
Isn't this nice! It's raining this morning.
It seems fresh and new to me because we really haven't had a rainy day in..days!(months?) Oh yes, we have had a few torrential downpours and thunder storms, but right now I am enjoying a softly falling rain outside. The birds are even singing through it. They must be as pleasantly surprised as I am about this wet condition.
Of course, it just occured to me that I'll need to actually pull out an umbrella and walk in the rain since Jewel needs her morning stroll through the neighborhood.

13 comments:

Janet said...

a stroll in the rain is always nice :-)

Claus said...

I'm glad you're having some freshness. I have never dared to take my dogs out in the rain. Snoopy (brother's dog) always got an ear infection when there was a lot of humidity, so the rainy season has always been a pain for the poor guy. How does Jewel go out? Does she have a doggy rain coat (I've seen those lately around here)? Or does she goes just like that and you dry her properly when you come back? It must be a real adventure to go for a stroll in the rain!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Sound perfect to me. I love rain. And my dog is in the hospital. So I'd take both right now. Not a good Monday. Glad yours is going so well!!!

I think it's funny my word verification is SUCKE. See? My monday does indeed SUCK

Gal Friday said...

~Janet,
In particular, I love walking in SUMMER rain(not so cold).

~Claudia,
Poor Snoopy, that he has to suffer from those infections during the rainy season!
Jewel will go out(sometimes not without a little push out the door), but of course, it if is a torential downpour she won't go out in it at all. Today, with the warm, light rainfall, she didn't mind. And, she is easy to towel off in the house when we get back.

~Peg,
OH..definitely a sucky Monday for you! Sending positive vibes your way and I hope your "girl" is back home(and healthy)soon.

Anonymous said...

I love rain and especially this Summer If we get it im in love with it.LOL Its been so extremely hot and humid Im ready for fall.

Have a great new week!

Barb said...

Oh - glad it held off until I left! We had a "sprinkle" one morning in Martha's Vineyard, but otherwise wonderful (not too hot) weather. You live in a beautiful place. Enjoy your dampness.

I Wonder Wye said...

had to come over bc I saw your darling icon and I LOVE cats. Glad you are getting much-needed rain...

cheatymoon said...

I was very excited to wake up to rain yesterday.

Still missing your posts in my google reader. Sorry to be late. xo

Arty said...

There's nothing like a nice summer rain. I can't wait for the first rains again myself

Thanks for your visit and comments Tina. It's so nice to see you back again.

Carole Poirot said...

Oh, I'm glad to be back to read your blog. Your post on rain and the one on polka dots (what's wrong with briefs?;-) )...and all the others... Thanks so much for your thoughtful and kind comment on my blog, I really appreciate it :-) Love from London xo

creative kerfuffle said...

i love the rain, and thunderstorms : ) everything always feels better after a rain i think. love the new pic on the header : ) are those mountains around you?

Zuzana said...

Hello Tina, I hope you have been well. I am back from my time off and let me tell you, August has been quiet rainy all across Europe, so I am not enjoying rain anymore at all.;)
Have a lovely weekend,
xo

Gal Friday said...

~Becky,
I know exactly what you mean about the hot and humid--I am ready for fall air now, too!

~Barb,
I need to catch up with your blog(among others) to read and see your impressions of your visit MV and area!!

~I Wonder Wye,
I love your name and that you stopped to visit and comment--thank you!

~Erin,
Well, there haven't been many of my posts to miss this summer since my blogging has been so light.

~Arty,
It is raining as I type and warm and steamy--seems like a tropic rain out there today(hurricane effect)

Mlle. Poirot,
Nothing wrong with polka dot "briefs"--it's just that bikinis are just more my style. ;-)

c.k.,
Sorry I have taken so long to answer your question(been offline for the last few weeks, it seems)--those are New Hampshire's White Mountains in the header photo--taken from the top of little Foss Mountain(more like a high hill covered with blueberries) while we were up there in July.

~Zuzana,
I have heard that Europe has been having some colder weather lately(my Berlin relatives have been complaining about it)--I am sorry to hear that, as I know you love your summer sunshine and heat.
I guess we have both kind of taken a break from blogging in the month of August, then.
I will be around soon to catch up with your blog, my friend. :-)