
Monday morning-grey and foggy again.But yesterday, Easter Sunday was absolutely perfect in every way.
Warm sun(it got hot!),
everything in bloom(saw my first dandelions pushing through a crack in a sidewalk),
the sound of what seemed like EVERYONE in the neighborhood outside all day long.
I took a drive down to Westerly again, to deliver the paintings I am entering in an art show(will find out Thursday if they are accepted or not--fingers crossed!).
The image above is a favorite of the bunch of photos I took in Westerly's Wilcox Park--my daughter(looking like a Von Trapp girl in that dress) in among the blossoms.
More later.....
20 comments:
Fingers crossed for you here too. Love the sculpture at Wilcox Park. Such a joyful running rabbit. Daughter looks beautiful among the blossoms.
love the pic of your daughter! : ) so sweet. are you going to show us what you entered in the art show?? i'm crossing my fingers for you.
You have such cool stuff in your neighbourhood! Love the photo of Rachel too. :)
We had a ridiculously gorgeous sunny day yesterday too... a reprieve from what is proving to be a long cold spring. I was pulling the few dandelions that survived the cold and snow in the garden, despite the ongoing battle with whatever gastro-bug I have. It was far too nice to stay inside and lay on the couch. :)
Good luck with the art show! We just bought our very first original painting from a local (as in Vanderhoof local) artist about a month ago. We were at a small gallery show in PG, saw it, and bought it on "impulse" (well, we walked for a half hour to decide if it was crazy to spend that kind of money or not - good art is worth every penny, especially by this artist). I won't say how much it was but as Andrew pointed out, it was still cheaper AND a thousand times nicer to look at daily than a giant flat screen TV (something we would NEVER buy).
Beautiful pic of your daughter.
How about the art show? Were you selected? Will you post the paintings you entered? I'm very curious!
Hugs, Alma
Miss R is gorgeous as always - even as a Von Trapp girl! :-) I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope you are selected in this art show. In my heart of hearts, I know you will. Our Easter Day was quite windy albeit sunny.
Sweet photos. Such a beautiful park there in Westerly. Much luck to you w/the art show. I think your work is quite striking and unique. You should be shoe-in! ;)
Hello dear Tina, I am back from my blog absence.;)
Lovely images indeed, the one with your daughter is precious.;))
Love also your new header image - is it by you?.;))
Hope you had a lovely Easter, here we had the warmest Easter and April on record.,))
xoxo
~Rosemary,
The rabbit sculpture is inspired by the "Goodnight Moon" book's rabbit(being right near the town's wonderful old library). My paintings were NOT selected afterall and I was disappointed for all of three minutes--ah well. The art association got 350-plus submissions for that show and I *think* becasue of space limitations, member's works were likely selected first. Also, my husband saw what was hanging on the walls when he went to retrieve my paintings and said that most were very traditional landscapes and such, so I guess my style did not fit in.
~Lisa,
Thanks!
I am thinking, actually, of starting a website for my art, so hopefully uyou'll see more of my paintings soon. (the paintings did not get accepted, unfirtunately, but I am okay with it--these things happen to artists all the time)
~Kathy,
I *wish* this cool park were in my neighborhood, but this town is about a half-hour drive southwest of where I live(a favorite place to go, as you can tell)
I am SO glad to know you are finally getting a taste of spring. Things have turned a corner here, too(the lovely month of May!) and even when it rains now, it is a warm rain)
Yay! for supporting local artists--and for adding something of true value on your house's wall! :-)
~Alma,
Thanks for the comment about my daughter, and if you read the above comments, --no, I did not get accepted into that show. I *may* try to show my art in other shows, or go another route. Don't know which way is right for me, though.
~Anastasia,
I am so happy to read a comment from you here!! I'll have to catch up with your news one day soon...(I have so little time these days).
~Jayne,
W-e-l-l...I was not a "shoe-in" afterall, but I appreciate your response to my art. :-)
~Zuzana,
So nice seeing a comment here by you.
We, too, had a very warm Easter(the warmest I can remember in a long time)!
And, no--the header image is a stock photo which I liked
I'm also very happy to come back to one of my most favourite blogs. Too much work and no play and a limited time online kept us an ocean apart! I've missed you, Tina.
Your daughter is lovely among the blossoms. Happy Mothers Day to you!
I'm sorry your paintings weren't accepted... but that sounds accurate, that yours are a different style than the traditional ones they were going for. You just need the right venue. I'd love to see them!!
Lovely, lovely photo :)
Hey, so sorry to read that your paintings didn't get accepted. I'm sure something else will come up very soon - something better and even more exciting. Don't give up on your art or your own style. It's hard (I know) but you'll get there (me too hopefully) eventually. That photo of your daughter is great. I hope you still have some lovely weather. Love from London xo
The second photo looks amazing.
Hope you've been great Tina. And hope the paintings (not sure which ones) were accepted :)
Such lovely photos!!! I love the Rachel-n-blossoms pic. So cool and dreamy!
And good luck with the art show.... so exciting!!
Sorry I haven't been around much. Internet is really really crap here these days. This country is soo afraid of letting things go that internet control is freaky right now. Ah well. I do miss you all so I'm trying...
I want to read some more entries of you so I hope to be back later. Take care !
X
Thank you for taking the time to write about this subject. I truly appreciate it. Ill posts a link of this entry in my blog. Thank you for creating valuable information about the issue. I’m an admirer of your website. Keep up the good job.
Just checking in - hoping you are well.
xo
How are you Tina, long time no see, hope all is well...
xoxo
Saying hello again! Hope you are well!
xo
I believe you've given up blogging, but I was thinking of you and just wanted to wish you a Happy 2012.
Just checking in - hoping you are well.
Post a Comment