Tuesday, April 19, 2011

On the border....





...breakfast.





Or should I say, over the border breakfast?






Yes, we actually left the state for a late morning breakfast out today.





The south easternmost town in the state, Westerly, shares a river with the state of Connecticut and we ate at The Primetime Cafe which is just over the border on the other side of bridge(the restaurant is practically on the bridge itself, it is so close to the river).


Mr. F had banana pancakes, R(that's her in the red cardigan, and doesn't she look great in that shade of red?) had the famous Coconut French Toast(supposedly, this is what Conan O' Brien has ordered here--don't know if they still do, but his parents have a house near here and he has been spotted in town in years past when his show was in New York), and I had the Cinnamon Almond French Toast. Plus perfectly cooked home fried potatoes. Talk about overloading on carbs!

Typical April day, it was threatening rain under a grey sky, but warm. We walked back to Rhode Island and strolled through Wilcox Park. Not much blooming and the fountains weren't yet running, but it still looked pretty there. I managed to get R on the much-climbed-by- children-and-photographed "Goodnight Moon Bunny" sculpture. At first she was embarrassed, but then she obliged. When she was three years old, I had to help her up onto it and I was afraid to let go of the waistline of her pants in case she slid off(it is made of a slippery metal). Now I think her legs are as tall as the sculpture itself(or almost as tall).



I also was able to buy some art supplies at a place in Westerly, to restock my depleted supply of acrylic paints. Yesterday, J commented on an unfinished painting I have had up on an easel since....October.

My ghost painting.

In a way, I like how it adds to the ghostly look, being uncompleted. But J was sweet enough to nudge me towards painting again , when he found out I was low on paints. He was the one who suggested I buy some more paints today.


So, that has been my day pretty much--aside from my decluttering and cleaning out my closet and drawers.

And to make the day that much more exciting--I have a 7:30 PM mammogram appointment waiting for me. Whee....



























5 comments:

Barb said...

Your daughter is such a young lady - she does look spectacular in red. What? A mammogram at 7:30 PM - I had no idea they took them that late. You'll have to ice your chest before bed!

Unknown said...

your daughter is gorgeous and looks like you. all I can say about the breakfast you all had is yum yum!! I don't know which one I would choose.

I just had a physical and have a mammogram in 2 weeks along with a bone scan. osteoporosis runs in the family. the things we women have to endure.

have a great week!!

Anonymous said...

OOh, R is so adorable. Looks a lot like you!

xo

Gal Friday said...

~Barb,
I always go to the evening mammogram appointment(and get the same x-ray technician who is so kind and makes it as comfortable as possible undser the circumstances)at the hospital.

~Doreen,
Thanks! Sometimes I think my daughter looks like me, and then other times she looks more like my husband.
I hope you passed the physical with a clean bill of health? I am small boned and thin, so I know I'll be having one of those bone density scans one day soon, too(in the meantime, I take mt Caltrate twice a day!)

~Erin,
You think so, too?? R IS pretty adorable, I have to admit, in personality as well as her physical self.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tina - your daughter is adorable and the bunny she is by is pretty cute too. That breakfast looks divine.

HOpe all went well at the mammo.

Plz share your painting when it's done okay?