Monday, April 18, 2011

One year ago.....





..on this date.


Out of curiosity(and because I couldn't get my brain to think of anything to write about tonight), I went back in my archives to see what I was doing/writing about exactly a year ago.




A favorite place to just walk around,


sit and have some coffee or ice cream at an outdoor table,


do some people watching


do some duck and/or swan watching on the bridge


do some real or "window" shopping.


I had wanted to go there yesterday, in fact, but with the gusty winds I decided against it, and ate take-out falafel and drank French Martinis in the backyard instead.




The photo above (from last year's post), shows the corner of Brown and Main Streets. (clicking on it will give an enlarged view)


I have taken numerous photos of this same corner. Something about it--the brick building,


the fact that there is a used bookshop behind the green door,


the iconic "Main Street" sign post,


the red fire hydrant,


that there are almost always pedestrians(two-legged and four-legged)congregating there


appeals to me.




What were you blogging about a year ago? Has your life changed drastically, looking back? Mine hasn't changed much at all. That could be a good thing..or a bad thing.

2 comments:

Ireland said...

It’s like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pictures to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is great blog. A great read. Ill definitely be back.

Janet said...

i was doing the What Is It Wednesday :-)