...a day makes. Yesterday looked and felt like December. So cold and windy and grey and wet. The sea was churning and absolutely wild. I could hear it all the way from our house all night. I had to bring my seedlings and plants in pots indoors because of the cold. As soon as I got up and looked out the window this morning, though, I saw that it had turned around completely. Sun shining brightly, and when I let the dog out, I immediately felt the warmth. So strange how it could all change so dramatically in twelve hours. I wore flip-flops, exposing my white toes for the first time this year, as I walked Jewel. Supposedly, R is going to quickly clean up her room(although I hear her singing along with Adele behind her bedroom door, so I am not sure if she is actually picking up in there, or singing in front of her mirror), and we'll go do something later on(lunch outdoors by the river in Wickford, or a walk down to the bay with the dog?). I have freshly baked coffee cake to eat for Sunday brunch and the second episode of the new Upstairs Downstairs to watch tonight(for both of these things, I have Rosemary to thank, for inspiring me to bake and to watch). I might write a letter. I might finish cleaning out the garden beds. I might just sit out back in a deck chair and let the sun soak into me. ** update: turns out, it is way too windy out there to sit, unless you don't mind your hair being blown into your eyes every second and the sound of clanging windchimes from every house on the street(maddening), and not even being able to keep a book page open because the wind keeps flipping it. I did go into the record shop yesterday(and bumped into Mr. F there) and bought the latest CD from Bettye LaVette(my sister has raved about her)--"Interpretations: The British Rock Songbook". Her version of The Beatles "The Word" is the best I have ever heard(it is the first song on the album, and I'll have to become better aquainted with the other songs on it).
6 comments:
I love Betty and her duet on inaguration day with Jon Bon Jovi was fabulous! She was introduced to me via Lyle Lovette believe it or not. I used to think he was country and then I got free tickets and boy was it different than i thought!!
And hey bad influence woman - those cocktails were wonderful. I slept well....tee hee
~Peg,
So you already knew about LaVette?? I had never heard of her until after mysister saw her sing live and couldn't stop telling me all about her(she even got to meet and chat with her backstage). I have long liked
Lyle Lovett's music(I remember rocking Rachel in my arms to his CD's).
Hey..you have given me an idea--sunny Sunday--perfect for French Martinis outdoors on the deck! ;-)
I am also a loyal Letterman watcher and she has been on there several times as well.
Cheers!
Sounds like you're having my CO weather (minus the snow). Enjoy being out of doors while you can!
I loved "Upstairs Downstairs" T. I also recommend "Downton Abbey" - not sure if that has hit your shores yet? x
~Barb,
I want to enjoy being outdoors, but every afternoon, the sea air comes in and it gets cold again(it is like this every spring, though).
~Julia,
I missed watching "Downton Abbey"(despite Rosemary of Content in A Cottage, urging to make time to sit down and watch that series, too), but will likely try to rent the DVD's soon.
Do you think there will be more episodes of "Upstairs Downstairs" to come(three was too few!)
Post a Comment