Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Scented 13



For my Thursday 13 list this time, I have listed 13 perfumes I have pulled out of storage now that its spring. I have packed away the rich, spicy ones since I want to lighten up and wear my more floral and airy scents now.


1. "Ferre" Gianfranco Ferre (starts off with a pineapple note and dries down to a powdery iris)


2. "Oscar Bamboo" Oscar de la Renta (very different from anything else I wear, and just plain "pretty" but I wish it lasted longer on me)

3. "Skin Musk" (my old drugstore favorite--been wearing this since the 80's when it was made by Bonne Bell)

4. " Duende" Jesus del Pozo (I love this one so much, I even wear it from time to time in winter--such a driftingly soft and soapy scent that always makes me happy)


5. Terranova "Rain"(another oldie-but-goodie-a lily-of-the-valley and musk scent that smells green somehow))

6. Terranova "Sakura & Green Tea" (I am wearing this one today)

7. "Max Mara" (sugared lemon and magnolia)

8. "Noa Perle" Cacharel(I like this one on foggy, rainy days--it has a hazlenut note!!)

9. "Always" Avon (tulips and melon?)

10. "Wish Of Luck" Avon (cheap but cheery!)

11. Marc Jacobs "Essence" (creamy gardenia overload!)

12. Cerruti 1881 Lumieres d`Ete (a fresh breeze)

13. Elizabeth Taylor "Violet Eyes" ~~I can't believe I like this one so much and never would have thought I would be owning and wearing an Elizabeth Taylor scent which I always thought of as "old lady"(even though, yes, yes, that is probably the category I belong to by this time), but this is amazing! It actually makes me think I am smelling the color violet(but there aren't any violet notes in this, interestingly enough. Its like wearing a soft, violet hug, actually.

13 comments:

Janet said...

Oh, I love your T13 this week! I'm a HUGE fan of scents, unfortunately green or fruity ones do not smell good on me at all LOL!

Claus said...

It is interesting how you pick up scents according to season. I do it too! Since we are in summer, I like fruity, fresh and light scents. I wearing a purple fruity one today, but I can't remember the name! ha! :o)) When rain starts, I switch to flowery ones, like gardenia and magnolia aromas.
The strange things... :o) but ones that makes us unique! :o)
have a lovely day!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I enjoy this list each year. I wish I could wear scents. Nothing smells good on me. It all smells the same and it's not good. :-)

Manders said...

I only use 2: Exclamation and Paris Flowers from Avon. I love the Paris one, but am afraid they don't sell it anymore. Will have to talk to my Avon lady!!

Xakara said...

I need to go pick out a scent for the season. I'm completely out of everything. I wonder if I can find my beloved Japanese Cherry Blossom.

Enjoy your seasonal scents.

Happy TT,

~Xakara
Guest Kimberley Troutte

Content in a Cottage said...

I only have one scent that was a gift and I really like it. "Green Tea" -- understated and fresh. People always comment on it.

Barb said...

I use only one scent daily year round - Bvulgari's White Tea. It's fresh and clean smelling. Do you think when you use a scent all the time, you become immune to its smell? When people ask what I'm wearing, I wonder if I've applied a bit too much!

Alice Audrey said...

I never wear perfume, but I collect miniature perfume bottles - mostly samples of name brands. I'd love to see some of these in miniature.

CountryDew said...

I don't wear scent at all, not in anything, thanks to allergies and asthma. I have always thought I was missing out.

Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog for Thursday Thirteen!

Quirky Cafe said...

Mmmmmmmm, what a lovely post. You make me want to go out and buy more perfumes! I have three that I wear and they are all Jo Malone. Two of them were gifts and the other I treated myself to. My favourite of the last few years has been the lovely fresh Lime, Basil and Mandarin. Sooooo good. When I want to smell a bit more dramatic I wear Intense Rose and Vanilla and when I feel a bit down then I wear English Pear and Freesia.

Gal Friday said...

~Janet,
I used to always, no matter what season,wear spicier(cinnamon, sandalwood, cedar, ect.)scents, but in the last few years I have decided to try other types like florals and tea scents and I really like them. I just don't like the candysweet "gourmand(like lollipops and vanilla cake batter--yuck!)stuff that is out there and so popular now.

~Claus,
Ah...you understand! Is the purple "fruity" one Halloween, perhaps? You were the one to tell me about it and I now own a little mini of it and my husbaand always comments on it when I wear it so evenually I will have to buy myself that one, too.

~Peg,
I am sure there is some scent out there that is right for you--you just haven't discovered it yet. :-)

~Amanda,
Avon is notorious about discontinuing every nice, decent scent they put out, so I'll never get a chance to sniff "Paris Flowers". ("Always" is now discontinued, too).

~Xakara,
I love the scent of cherry blossoms(my Terranova "Sakura & Green Tea" has it, since Sakura is the Japanese name for cherry blossom).

~Rosemary,
I know that Green Tea scent! It is very nice indeed. :-) I envy you, in a way, to having one signature scent--I complicate my life(and wallet) by liking too many different perfumes.

~Barb,
Another tea note perfume wearer!
I know what you mean when sometimes you don't even smell the scent on you anymore, but others comment. I suppose it is a kind of olfactory fatigue. I am sure that a light white tea perfume can never be applied too heavily, though, so I wouldn't worry about it.
I bet you smell wonderful...

~Alice Audrey,
Do you at least sniff the contents of the little bottles? ;-) I also love to collect miniature bottles of perfume--they are so cute! I'll let you know if I ever show off my miniature collection here(and maybe you'll blog about yours one day?). Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

~Contry Dew,
I am always afraid that my lightly applied perfume might bother someoine in public who has perfume allergies like yourself. I like to think that what I wear is never that kind that consumes the air and makes people want to choke or get headaches....

~Quirky,
You smell g-o-o-d..!
I am envious of your three Jo Malone bottles.

Anonymous said...

I have never been into perfume much until recent years. I'm allergic to so many things... but I really love citrusy scents. They make me happy. Right now my favorite is Fresh citron de vigne.
I love reading about all of yours!

Gal Friday said...

Erin,
I can't quite believe it, but...just last week I got a little sample of...Fresh's Citron de Vigne, and immediately HAD to buy a bottle of it(on the website, I got a little set with body wash, lotion and the 1 oz. bottle all for the same price as a bottle of it alone--good deal). I also love citrus scents, and am always looking for the perfect one for summer. When I smelled this one, I immediately loved it, and..have been reading a book set in a French Champagne vineyard, so I thought it a happy coincidence that I found Citron de Vigne at the same time. Now, you mention it--double coincidence!