....today i-s Friday, Friday.... Yes, its that time, again--Friday Fill-In time (go here if you want to participate). ** 1. In the near darkness _____I spotted some neighbors gathered around a fire in their yard on a chilly evening.
** 2. The door to my daughter's horrifcally untidy bedroom remains closed _____ til further notice.(I can't even look--it makes my blood pressure rise)
** 3. But this _____kitchen was clean yesterday!?!
** 4. Bopping in the country, fishing _____ in a stream. ("Honky Cat" E. John, B. Taupin)
** 5. It's always nice _____when my daughter(likewise husband/co-workers/sister, etc.) and I are getting along.
** 6. My daughter is a gentle and sunny soul, has a sense of humor_____ and (usually) pleasant company.
** 7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____ "Jane Eyre" --the latest movie adaptation(will see it at the cold, old Jane Pickens Theater in Newport), tomorrow my plans include _____bringing R to her driver's ed class and then a hike with my sister and my dog through the Great Swamp and Sunday, I want to _____get a card and present out in the mail to both my brother and his daughter(my niece, Ella) since I missed both their birthdays this week. Oops!
4 comments:
2 things stood out to me on this post. #2 and your daughters room. I am a neat freak today but when I was her age my room was a MESS. I came home one day to a note on my door. My father wrote that if this room is not clean by such and such a day all clothes on floor, chair, bed and not put where they belong will be thrown out on the front yard and I will not be permited to be in my cousins wedding. Guess who spent a weekend cleaning her room? I found the reading glasses (yep needed them from 14 on) that I thought I lost but NEVER told my parents since they bought me new ones!
#3 - I said this last night. I have a kitchen island and I swear it's a magnet for my husband crap and where the mail goes to multiply!! At lunch I cleaned the kitchen (yea, that's what i do instead of eat) and when he walked it it was like pig pen and in mere seconds you could barely see the top of the 7ft island. How does he do that? And then say, "what's wrong?" :-)
love that song :-) Did you see Elton John recently on Saturday Night Live? He was hysterical!!!
Ooooh, a hike. I want to go on one...
You should see my son's room. Ack. (As you know, the least of my worries.) But it is tough to have such a messy room in a small house, y'know?
Enjoy the sunshiny weekend, GF. xoxoxo
~Peg,
I am a bit messy myself, so I try not to get on R's case about the room too much, but, I at least would always get to the point where even I couldn't stand the clutter around me and clean it up, but she never does it!! Actually, my husband is the "neatnik" in this house.
~Janet,
Sir Elton surprised me on SNL--he was great and I wondered why he had never hosted before~!!
~Erin,
Yep, a teen's messy room is truly the least of any parent's worries(I need to keep that more in mind).
Hope you are enjoying some spring sunshine up "nawth".
Post a Comment