


Ah, yes, of course! I need to get in to work early today to catch up on mountains of orders and wanted to walk the dog earlier than usual. But..it is raining once again. Not just a light rain.
Not just a steady rain.
A downpour! So, as I wait for the rain to lighten I thought I would type a few words here.
That's one of my roses up above, viewed through the bathroom window. The rose bush grows directly under the bathroom window-how perfect. Depending on how I pressed the focus button, it either showed the window screen through which I was looking at the rose, or showed the rose somewhat diffused, without seeing the screen. Interesting.
I don't know if I'll watch the vice presidential debate tonight. First of all, I'll either get too upset and want to throw things at the image of Palin on the screen (and that voice...can barely stand to hear that). Second of all, it's bookclub night tomorrow, so I really need to do a mad sweep of the house, tidyng up. Also..I need to finsh the last pages of the book, "A Lesson Before Dying".
* Update: As soon as I finished writing the above sentences, I looked up and it had turned completely sunny outside! So, I got my dry (except for some water falling off the trees)walk with the dog in before work.
5 comments:
Your rose is beautiful. The deer eat them at my house so I have given up. Glad the rain stopped for you. Enjoy the bookclub and set your dvr/vcr for the debate...just in case you decide to watch it later. We have to stay informed even though we would rather keep our heads in the sand!
I am going to plant a rose bush next year in the back garden(there is so much sun out there).
I hope you enjoyed your walk. It has been beautiful here for the past week or so without any clouds in the sky. The bad news...we now have so many aphids that no one is wanting to stay outside too long! (Okay, maybe that's just a personal thing ;-) )
Rosemary,
Like you with your roses and the deer,I can't grow tulips because the squirrels like to eat them. So I have given up on growing tulips. Luckily, we have a fence all around our backyard, so deer can't get in and at roses and whatever else they like to nibble on.
As for the events surrounding the upcoming election, believe me, I haven't been sticking my head in the sand at all. Both my husband and I have been obsessed with keeping up with the elections and the candidates but at this point it has become a little too much. I am basically holding my breath until the votes are in after Nov. 4th and trying to have faith that we'll have a postive CHANGE in the White House (Go Obama!)
*Manders,
I KNOW how much you dislike insects, having learned that this week, so the aphids must make you nuts! Incidentally, we have aphids sometimes ON the rose bush(usually in early July) and it's the one time I use any kind of chemical in my garden, to clear them away. Other than that, a rose bush or climbing rose if you have full sun is very easy to grow. :-)
Elections will be the death of us all. If only we could trust any of them.
I used to have 30 rose bushes at one time but found that they are too much work. Now I go to public gardens to enjoy them or look at my friends' pictures!
Gorgeous Roses!I still have some in the front of my house.itas cold here too. I dont find roses hard to grow at all. Some do.
Post a Comment