Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Muffin Oracle Has Spoken!




You Are a Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin



You are smart, sophisticated, and savvy.

You love taking risks, and you are the first to know about new trends.



You are curious about the world and tend to have many interests.

You also are very talented. It sometimes seems like you are good at everything.



You are very social and inclusive. You'll be friends with anyone.

Even though you're very cultured, you're not a snob.

**********
***
This is just so perfect for a slow-starting, lazy Saturday morning (yes, I did end up going out to the book meeting last night...but it was okay because no one finished the book!) Thank you, Blogthings, once again.
How I love to imagine that I am *savvy*!
Now if only I did have a lemon poppy seed muffin. All I had with my coffee this morning was a somewhat burnt Thomas's English Muffin.

9 comments:

4streegrrl said...

Ah, an easy quiz to do before 6:30 am on a Saturday. :) The results sound true to me (BOR-ing), although I think I have lemon poppyseed attributes. Maybe I should bake up some hybrid muffins?? ;) No idea what I'm having for breakkie this morning...

Glad to hear that the book club thing worked out, sort of! What book was it that no one seemed able to finish?

***You Are a Blueberry Muffin***

You are a nurturing, domestic, homey person. Of all the types, you are the most likely to make your own muffins at home.

You don't like to rock the boat, and you're most content when you're making everyone else happy.
You are very loyal. You'll defend your family and friends, even if you secretly disapprove of what they're doing.

You tend to be a bit shy and withdrawn. You don't make friends quickly or easily. But once you do make a good friend, the chances are high that you'll be friends for life.

Content in a Cottage said...

You are a plain toasted bagel with butter.

Tried and true.

A classic.

Pleasing everyone but not trying to please anyone.

Good enough to stand alone without additional toppings or flavors.

Mine was from the Bagel Bin in Bernardsville, NJ. They have the best handmade bagels I have ever eaten!

Happy Weekend. ♥Rosemary

PS---Do bagels count in a muffin world?

Manders said...

You Are a Blueberry Muffin

You are a nurturing, domestic, homey person.
Of all the types, you are the most likely to make your own muffins at home.

You don't like to rock the boat, and you're most content when you're making everyone else happy.
You are very loyal. You'll defend your family and friends, even if you secretly disapprove of what they're doing.

You tend to be a bit shy and withdrawn. You don't make friends quickly or easily.
But once you do make a good friend, the chances are high that you'll be friends for life.

SandraG said...

I am really ticked that there are more calories in a muffin than in a doughnut or bagel and yet I think muffins are healthier for us. Sigh . . .

Patricia said...

[b]You Are a Corn Muffin[/b]

[img]http://www.blogthingsimages.com/whatkindofmuffinareyouquiz/corn.jpg[/img]

Even though you've been accused of being otherwise, you're a simple, uncomplicated person.
You just want the same things everyone else wants. You're just happier with what you already have.

You are confident and strong minded. You are proud of who you are.
You enjoy being recognized for your accomplishments, and you like to be the center of attention.

Sometimes your ego can get the best of you. You do tend to outshine people.
It's hard for you not to have a big head - very few people have it as good as you do.

[url=http://www.blogthings.com/whatkindofmuffinareyouquiz/]What Kind of Muffin Are You?[/url]

Gal Friday said...

~4streegrrl,
Really, your Blueberry Muffin result sounds an awful lot like me, too. I am a mix of boring with a little crunchy poppy seed thrown in, I think. ;-) "Blueberry Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin" anyone?

~Rosemary,
I think a bagel counts in the "muffin world". Everyone needs a good bagel.
I love a good bagel...we finally have a decent bagel bakery here in my town, but the best one I ever had was in a Jewish deli in Brookline, Mass. It was a bagel revelation!(I actully grew up eating those frozen Lender's bagels!)

~Amanda,
Ahhh...another comforting bluberry muffin type. :-)

~Sandra,
Yes, a muffin is basically cake we are allowed to eat at breakfast! Heh...heh...


~Pati,
You are one tough muffin, I see! ;-)

Gal Friday said...

Kathy,
one more thing...you asked which book. It was A.S. Byatt's "Posession"--we have all been too busy..(and naughty me kept reading books tother than that one, anyway)

Anonymous said...

I was going to say I thought your muffin type suited you pretty well... you seem smart, sophisticated and savvy to me!! Now I got the same answer!!! LOL... I know it doesn't fit me however!!

Gal Friday said...

~~Duskie,
I am not at all sophisticated--feel awkward in social situations most of the time(but hide it well enough?). Smart? Only enough to get by...certainly not a genuis! Perhaps we are more alike than you think, and at least we have good taste in muffins? My sister brought me a slice of lemon poppy seed cake when I was at work the other day and it was delicious!