'Bean-Bama' mosaic from a Craftster Challenge entryThanks, once again, to Janet for the fill-in prompts.
1. My blueprint for success includes _____________ just being my best 'self'. (but, where's the success? Might have to re-think my blueprint)
2. A Harry Potter 'Blood' Pop_________ was the last candy I ate.
3. The best facial moisturizer I've ever used is __________ Alpha Hydrox lotion (it's not really a moisturizer--more of an exfoliator that keeps my skin so soft. I have oily skin so don't want or need any greasy moisturizer on my face).
4. Organizing (and clearing out) your dresser drawers and clothes closet_____________ can be good therapy.
5. I'd like to tell you about ______________ my dog.
6. My inner strength ________ is my strongest characteristic.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____ somehow ducking out of going to the book club "meeting" because I feel like an absolute schmuck that I completely forgot about the meeting and book,
tomorrow my plans include _____ making a big pot of Barack Obama's Chili (recipe below~ thanks, Duskie!) and possibly taking phone calls from book club friends asking me why I "didn't come last night",
and Sunday, I want to _____do the things I said I wanted to do last Sunday!
4. Organizing (and clearing out) your dresser drawers and clothes closet_____________ can be good therapy.
5. I'd like to tell you about ______________ my dog.
6. My inner strength ________ is my strongest characteristic.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____ somehow ducking out of going to the book club "meeting" because I feel like an absolute schmuck that I completely forgot about the meeting and book,
tomorrow my plans include _____ making a big pot of Barack Obama's Chili (recipe below~ thanks, Duskie!) and possibly taking phone calls from book club friends asking me why I "didn't come last night",
and Sunday, I want to _____do the things I said I wanted to do last Sunday!
Obama Family Chili Recipe
1 large onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
Several cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground turkey or beef
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon ground basil
1 tablespoon chili powder
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Several tomatoes, depending on size, chopped
1 can red kidney beans
Saute onions, green pepper and garlic in olive oil until soft.
Add ground meat and brown.
Combine spices together into a mixture, then add to ground meat.
Add red wine vinegar.
Add tomatoes and let simmer, until tomatoes cook down.
Add kidney beans and cook for a few more minutes.
Serve over white or brown rice. Garnish with grated cheddar cheese, onions and sour cream.
Add ground meat and brown.
Combine spices together into a mixture, then add to ground meat.
Add red wine vinegar.
Add tomatoes and let simmer, until tomatoes cook down.
Add kidney beans and cook for a few more minutes.
Serve over white or brown rice. Garnish with grated cheddar cheese, onions and sour cream.
recipe from The Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/04/obamas-chili-recipe_n_89826.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/04/obamas-chili-recipe_n_89826.html
12 comments:
Well there we go! Barack and I make VERY similar chili's!
Have a great weekend!
Melli,
Mine is also similar, but without the vinegar and more beans added. :-) Thanks for stopping by and reading my fill-in's today.
Great finds for Friday...love the hooked rug portrait and the recipe. Enjoy your weekend. I see lots of leaves in mine!
Rosemary
Rosemary,
Aha! You think it is a hooked rug, but look closely--Obama is made out of beans!!
Yup, he's full of beans, he is! (and so am I, or will be when I make the chili tomorrow)
Loads of leaves all of a sudden here, too--all on the ground because of the rain storms.(time to rake it all up)
great to be you - i can tell!
Bloodsicle??? hmmmm... lol
woof!
have a wonderful weekend...See my Fill-in
Harry Potter blood pop?? Weird.
That chili would be so much nicer with some Yves Veggie Ground Round. ;) It looks good, though, especially because it uses fresh tomatoes rather than canned.
I've posted my Friday Fill-in and some other stuff, on my blog. :)
Being your best self is a very successful thing. Many people look at success as being someone else! I think you are on the right track.
I don't like chili, but this one sounds good!
I really enjoyed this chili! I had it on election night, and had the leftovers last night!! Yum!! I think you'll like it too! :)
1. My blueprint for success includes trying to live in peace and harmony. When there's a problem, I have to deal with it rather than let it eat at me. Then things get to be too much. I'm not so much about success at this point (or was I ever?), but survival?! LOL
2. A good old Clark bar was the last candy I ate.
3. The best facial moisturizer I've ever used is Philosophy's Hope in a Jar. (But it's expensive!) Lately I'm just using Pond's Dry Skin Cream, which is very inexpensive and really very good.
4. De-cluttering and tidying up can be good therapy. I've been meaning to do that!!
5. I'd like to tell you about Canada Geese. They really are wonderful creatures. They don't deserve to be hated by humans.
6. My love for animals is my strongest characteristic.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to sitting here on the computer for awhile, and then sleeping.... late!!
Tomorrow my plans include coloring my hair (oh joy), doing some laundry, and watching a movie. I hear we're going to have rain by afternoon. Sunday, I want to get outdoors a little, and hopefully have hubby wax my car before winter comes!
Oh, I forgot to say... the bean picture is incredible!!! :)
To say I don't like chili would be an understatement. I would not eat chili even if I were starving - no matter how good it sounds!
That recipe looks good. Never really an american dish, perhaps I should. Great fill ins :)
you know...i have some chili to go make now! Thanks for playing :-)
Post a Comment