Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Did !



I can't remember a presidency which has filled me with this much hope and excitement. Despite the tremendous challenges facing Obama/Biden when they take the White House on January 20, 2009, I feel assured America has done the right thing (finally, after what seems like much more than eight depressing years) . I can't remember a time when I stayed up past midnight to watch the election results and can't remember when an election brought me actual tears of joy. Oh, and please watch and most of all, listen to the whole video..."There's no one as Irish as Barack O'Bama!" ;-)

9 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

Yes we did...I am so happy and proud of this man, this country, and the whole electorial process. The eyes of the world were upon us and we rose to the occasion. I think our blogging efforts helped too. I enjoyed your Irish video. Thanks! ♥Rosemary

Claus said...

A great challenge ahead of him alright. Hopefully, and as I have said elsewhere also, people will understand that it will take work and time to achieve good and positive changes.
Good for the US of A!! and good for the world :-)

Anonymous said...

Same here, Tina.... this was just so exciting... and stressful at first!!! But then the states just kept coming in for Obama... it is remarkable, and better than I even expected!!! We only needed one more state, but they all just kept coming for Obama!!! I feel SO much better now, we are in good hands now... he's going to be an awesome leader!! And finally I have hope again, and some faith in our election process too!!! Wooo hooo!! Congratulations to us, Tina!!! *HUGS* Have a happy day!! I'm off to watch the video!!! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL... oh that video was WONDERFUL!!!!! :)

Arty said...

That's great Tina..and I hope things do improve for America.

Patricia said...

There's no doubt about how much the situation in the US affects the whole world. I haven't followed the campaign, cause to me the choice to be made was quite clear from the very beginning so I was just waiting to see if Americans can make it. And fortunately they/you did! I truly hope that this will develop as positively as everyone expects it. I'm happy for you and your nation, Tina.

I loved the video!:)

SandraG said...

I would not want to be Obama. I don't know why ANYONE would want to be President of the United States but I digress. The markets were so good yesterday and today they're down again.

I just hope that your nation realizes that it took many years to get into the mess it's in and will take a lot of time and effort and ingenuity to get back on track.

We are praying for this new president.

SandraG said...

Whoops! I forgot!

Anonymous said...

Obama is making History. And I truly hope that he will bring the change he has promised to bring. I got up early in the morning yesterday to watch the great show on CNN. When I saw all those images of people celebrating till late at night, I thought that was happening somewhere in Greece! In Europe, we always had the impression that the Americans couldn't care less for a presidential election. There's never been a greater party in America since Reagan maybe! hip hip hooray !