Friday, December 19, 2008

100th Post

Whoo Hoo!!
And all I have is yet another You Tube video to share. I wish I were more inspired , but I feel a little tired and brain dead today. I woke up at 4:00 in the morning for some reason and was thinking thinks and then couldn't ever really get back to sleep. Work was a mad rush in the morning because everyone was in town to get things done before the storm hit and even though I had a raging headache(something I rarely even get) and my mouth was dry (too much talking) and I was hungry and thirsty, I never stopped until 3:30. The snowy roads weren't bad. I drove home carefully and it really didn't take much longer to get home than usual. (yes, we finally have a real snowstorm with more snow on the way!)
Once my daughter gets home (she is over a friend's house and apparently left her snow boots here and wore the expensive suede ones for the snow. I am trying to calm down about that!), I think we'll take a walk through the neighborhood(with boots made for snow--NOT suede fashion boots!!) , looking at all the lights. I love it when it is all freshly blanketed in snow and the snow still falling, taking those night time walks.
Maybe after, we'll even pop the Creature Comforts "Merry Christmas" episode in the DVD player again. I love it so much--we watched it last night and it just made me so happy.
In somewhat of the same vein, here are some other speaking/singing creatures with a rather important message (sung to the tune of "Stop The Calvary"):


* Update: Scratch that night time walk in the neighborhood. It is rather blizzardy out there now. It'll have to wait. Also, scratch watching "Creature Comforts" or any TV. Something is wrong with the television or cable service. *sigh* I might have to break out a board game. (Cessie, are you reading this? ) Most likely, I'll just make cookie dough like I had planned to do tonight(but forgotten about in the excitement of the snowstorm).

2 comments:

cessie said...

Yes, I am reading this *and* smiling!!
Wow, you got your snow eventually...we are forecasted to get +10*C today, sounds rather warm. Don't know what to wear today as I will be outdoors all day. Not too warm, not too cold ;-)
Did you make your cookie dough after all? Or *did* you play ;-).
Hope R's shoes were still ok. I love a snowy night time walk too, very special atmosphere! Hope you will be able to make one today then!
Have a great weekend, apart from all the work!!
X

Gal Friday said...

Hey "Cessie",
I was thinking of you because of the board games(because of your last blog topic). We never did end up plying any games and yes, I made the cookie dough like a good girl. The boots are fine and the night time walk will have to be Sunday night now, because we are going to a party tonight. A Winter Solstice party and Christmas party with friends.