Saturday, December 20, 2008

Week (mostly) in review

All's well that ends well.
I think.
Technically the week isn't over yet. I have the work day to get through, but after that a party to go to--that is a pretty good way to end the week. I have been looking back at the past week and thinking how everything is coming along nicely for Christmas.

The house was finally decorated outside with evergreen cuttings and red bows (and our Christmas tree flag--which always ends up getting twirled around the post from the wind, so we really shouldn't bother with it).

I made batches of cookie dough last night, so step one is done and we can get to the fun part on Sunday (rolling the dough out, cutting them out and baking them)

The daughter's boots ended up not being ruined after all. No, they are not real suede, even, but it would have made me mad if she wore them in the snow after I had explained when she got them that isn't what they were made for. The Mom at the friend's house made sure R wore an extra pair of snow boots.

The television is okay. Just the cable having some trouble during the storm.

We have our new dishwasher!!! We got it early and J was determined to install it himself, which he did yesterday.

Almost all gifts are wrapped (still need to pick up one more thing for my mother).

Driving around town has been enjoyably normal again (as compared to last week's Freaky Friday driving episodes--it must have been the full moon!). People seem to be in a great mood. Sometimes, walking in a store or along a sidewalk, I simply get smiled at.

I had a great time out on the "town" (there isn't much of it) shopping with friends and our daughters Thursday night. There was a trio of carolers who seemed to be following us because in nearly every shop we went into, we got to hear a different song when they showed up. I even found a perfect pair of earrings to go with the dress I am wearing to the party tonight. Gold feathers with dangly chains behind and even little tiny rhinestones. It might sound strange and yes, tacky(the rhinestones), but it's a Christmas party. Gotta glitz it up a little.

I am having second thoughts about wearing a dress and heels tonight. There is deep snow everywhere from yesterdays' storm and the house where the party is, is usually pretty drafty and cool. Still, I felt like being(and even looking like) a lady and a grown-up for once. I don't normally wear heeled shoes(if anything only boots with heels--I am more stable that way), but I found a pair of shoes I really liked (pictured above) The heel is the right height for me and they feel and look great. (I'll just pack a pair of boots in the car) Still, I always worry how I look walking in heels(it doesn't feel natural to me) and am a little afraid of my less than sure footing in them. Nothing could be worse than this (see below), though. ( I had to sneak in one more video in this week of You Tubes.. heh...heh..)

3 comments:

Manders said...

I LOVE those shoes!! Very retro and funky! Be careful on them! Hope you don't fall like that model. How embarassing...

Anonymous said...

Those are cute shoes, Tina... so how did it all turn out?! I'm the same way... well I never really wear heels anymore. My ballerina flats aren't exactly flat though, they have a slight wedge heel of about an inch and they are comfy... but I feel too unstable with heels. That video was funny but embarrassing... wow... how the heck did she lose her balance SO badly!!

Sounds like you have (had) things well under control for the holidays. Ain't it great when people are just nice and you get smiles!!

cessie said...

I was smiling when seeing your shoes on the photo! I like your shoes!
I did buy my shoes with heels as well (did take me a long time finding the right ones... as I don't ever wear heels normally either) and I did not even wear them for Christmas - I did not feel up to the christmas outfits *at all*!! A pity of all the effort I guess lol, but there will be other opportunities soon ;-)