
Ten Things I'm Really Good At
1. making chicken soup
2. pulling together an outfit for work in two minutes
3. procrastinating
4. staying away from gossip
5. knowing almost instantly which mat colors to choose for a customer's art/picture at work
6. making mountains out of molehills (I do tend to over-react)
7. making sure my dog has enough exercise every day, no matter the weather or how I am feeling
8. making sure we all sit down every evening for a home-cooked(6 out of 7 nights) meal.
9. being happy with what I have got (for the most part)
10. sleeping
an additional no.11: I am really good at overusing parentheses
(I just can't stop).
Now, my list of ten things I hope to accomplish today:
1. get off the computer and into some clothes
2. take the dog to the groomers at the top of the street to have her nails clipped. She is way overdue for that, although, with the icy roads and crusty snow she has had to walk and run on, the nails are coming in handy as "grabbers".
3. Wrap up the wrong size boots I ordered for Rachel and send them back to Sierra Trading Post
4. put away the laundry that has been sitting in a basket since Sunday
5. visit my mother
6. get in a little creative time at the drawing table
7. remember to get to the store to buy dark soy sauce(tamari?) for a recipe
8. call my sister about setting up a movie night soon
9. look online for hotel deals in Boston for February
10. wake my daughter up(she is home from school today--a professional day for the teachers-- on my usual day off) and we had plans to drive up to my mother's for coffee and on to the craft/art supply store.....maybe Trader Joe's? (I'll bet Trader Joe's has tamari sauce.)
How much on this list will I get to today? I'll be lucky if I accomplish five things....
10 comments:
One thing I loved growing up was that we always had family meals! I no longer live near my parents they are in Maine & I'm in Florida, but when we go home to visit, we still have family meals. Not enough people/families doing this now adays :)
I love chicken soup!!! Seems many of us have procrastination on our lists today. Eating together regularly has multiple benefits for all concerned. Alas, I overuse parentheses (and ellipses) too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,
Great lists, I too, like sitting down with the family for homecooked meals. Even if it's just soup and sandwiches, it's being together that truly matters.
We always sit down for supper together. It is something that both my parents and Jonathan's parents did. We continue with it and will do so until the end of time...Well, until there is just Jonathan and I again...Of course when it was the two of us we used to eat and play scrabble or cards! I miss those days!!
Can you buy stuff for me too at the craft/art store? ;-)
10 things I'm really good at!
1. Shopping
2. Holiday planning
3. Making Beef Stroganof
4. Sleeping!
5. Being ...blunt!
6. And caring for my few good friends
7. Creating salads!
8. Playing word games on Yahoo Games. Well, not now due to lack of time.
9. Respecting other people's vices and weaknesses just like I would like them to respect mine - smoking for instance!
10. Decorating
Great that you can stay away from gossip. I try to do that too. Hope you made it to Trader Joe's - always a fun stop. Oh, and love the Sesame Street video.
We've a couple of these in common. Lazy (sometimes) being one of them lol. The to do list is always a long and demanding one..we need extra hours in the day to accomplish them all. :)
Ah, I totally identify with your 3, 6, 9 and 10!
I cannot believe you plan on doing all those things in one day!! Did you not say you are a procrastinator? You sound more like you are very active and busy at all times.;))
Okay, Here is what I managed to do off of my list of "10 to-do's" yesterday:
1. Got dressed(easy...)
2.woke the daughter(and we did get out shopping)
3. wrapped up the boots to be returned
4.found the dark soy sauce
5.visited my mother
6. called my sister(plans to see "Slumdog Millinaire" on Friday night)
So....as I should have known, I didn't do all the things I had wanted to do....
~Social Frog,
Thanks for commenting. We are only three of us--husband, daughter and me--so it is maybe easier than a large family with different schedules, for us to eat at 6:30 every night. It seems natural to me, too, since this is what I grew up with. (Maine and Florida are so far apart--hope you get lots of opportunities to get up to Maine-- one of my favorite places....)
~Storyteller,
Thanks for taking the time to come over 'here' and leave a comment. I know my overuse of parentheses is not proper grammar, but my brain is always so full of things I want to say, it seems lke the only way to squeeze it all in. Good to know there is at least someone else who does the same thing. :-)
~Joanne,
You are exactly right--it doesn't have to be a fancy meal or a big occasion to sit down for a meal together--to me it is a given that we do this(yes, we have had tomato soup and grilled cheese suppers together plenty of times)
~~Manders,
I also grew up in a family--very normal at the time- that always ate together, but J did not. I have never heard of two people playing cards or Scrabble together with their meal--maybe you can make sure you always do that when your anniversary rolls around.
~Anastasia,
I LOVED reading through your list--and your no. 9 is very important. It is easy to take offence or judge when someone isn't in agreement with you or your lifestyle, but you can still be friends with a good person if you agree to disagree.
~~only a movie,
I will admitt to eagerly listening to gossip but I never spread it--just better to stay out of it. We did make it to Trader Joe's and walked out with much more then we went in for(always like that in there, but everything is so good!). I was wondering if anyone noticed the Sesame St./matryoshka dolls video...!
~Arty,
Yes, being online is a way that I procrasinate..hehe..heh.! I didn't accomplish everything on yesterday's list, but DID spend a nice day with my daughter AND made an Indonesian type soup--so I feel good about my day.(just start a new list for today, that is all)
~Protege,
I over reach with all the things I WANT to do on a day off. It seems like I have SO much time at the beginning, but with my time-wasting and procrasinating, I only manage to do about half. (at the back of my mind, I already KNEW I wasn't going to get around to doing everything...) I think I spend a lot of busy energy doing...nothing, most of the time.
Cute video.... :) ... and a great list of things.... I'd have to think really hard to come up with what I'm good at, hmmm. Well, you do your job well and keep the home in order and well fed, that's the main thing!!! ..and of course, being happy with what you've got!! :) And I can relate to the things to get done, and the biggest each day (when I'm home) is actually getting offline and getting some clothes on...LOL.
Post a Comment