Thursday, January 8, 2009

3 Thursday Thinks & Pink Martini

1. I have a slight, persistent headache again. Third day in a row that I have had this. I rarely get headaches, except the day before my period begins. That's it. It may be that I am dehydrated and need to drink more water. I'll make a second cup of tea(and start supper) in a minute or two.

2. I broke down and cleaned the microwave at work today(can you tell it was a slow day there?) It had gotten to the point where I could not bring myself to heat anything in it. It was shockingly grotty! Yes, I do use it from time to time, but one co-worker in particular, uses it a lot--heating up those instant, frozen pasta "bowls" so I thought he might be the one to clean it (he seems so anal and a neat freak about everything else). I didn't say anything to anyone about the newly clean microwave. I wonder who will notice it first?

3. If I could learn any language, I would love to learn to speak Italian. I love listening to it, even if I can't understand it. I don't know if China Forbes' pronunciation is correct in this song, but she sounds good to me.

8 comments:

cheatymoon said...

Liking the Pink Martini... hope the headache gets better!

Zuzana said...

Italian is a beautiful language, but have you ever heard Rumanian? This might surprise you, but it is even more beautiful, as it is a mix of Slavic and Latin languages.;)
Have a great Friday, Gal Friday.;))

Claus said...

I think all Latin-based languages are pretty similar, so I think you would like either Italian, Rumanian, Portuguese or even Spanish! Loved the music!! I think it has a bit of a Cuban-Latin America-ish sound, don't you? Even when it's sung in Italian.

Claus said...

Oh...I hope your headache is gone by now...nothing worse than that.

Anonymous said...

I've been getting more of those slight headaches recently too... it seems to be the weather in my case, or cold air. The headaches aren't too bad, but they do seem worse when I step out in the cold or something. But also, dry air inside from the heating can do that too... well these are my guesses anyway!! Annoying little things they are.

Hooray for you for cleaning the microwave... LOL. It's not fair I know. Somehow with things like that at work, nobody feels responsible for cleaning them, ya know?! :) But I hope now they don't just take it for granted that it will clean itself magically ... LOL.

I wish I had learned a language too... any language!! Too late now... well, with my foggy brain.... LOL... they say it's much easier to learn when you're young.

Hope you have a great weekend, Tina!!! Yes, I just got back from a root canal. I was dreading it all week... LOL. It's only half done, after all that... I expected to be there a long time, and I was there 45 minutes?! But then... sadly.... I actually need 2 more after this one is done... yes... there's an infection up there. The dentist originally wasn't sure which tooth it was coming from... well this specialist decided that the whole row of teeth was affected... ugh. But... one at a time... I'm just going to have to pace this out... it's too much $$$.

Manders said...

Yes, Italian would be a nice language to learn. I know French...c'est tout! (That's it!) J'aime parle le francais! (I love speaking French!)

Gal Friday said...

~~O.A.M.(or should that be o.a.m.?)

Thanks for the comment. I still keep getting these slight headaches, but this morning, I don't have one which is surprising becasue I drank a lot of wine at a bok club night last night...

Protege,
I have never heard Romanian, but have heard English spoken by a Romaniaan with that accent and yes, it IS nice to listen to. I know a lady who blogs on Blogger whom I once had a chance to hear her voice(speaking in English, though) and I could have listened to her speak forever...

~Claudia,
Oh, I like Spanish, and Greek, too, in addition to Italian.

~~Duskie,
I am beginning to think it IS the dry heated air indoors that is giving me headaches and I KNOW I should drink more water.
Poor you about all the dental work! I had only one root canal done about 15 years ago. It wasn't bad, but like you, had to be done over two appointments and I felt like my mouth was open forever through the procedures. And, back then, even..it was expensive. You'll be like new, thugh, after it is all taken care of.

Gal Friday said...

~Manders,
My daughter has to decide between Italian, Spanish and French by the time she starts high school next year. They learn a smattering of all three languages in middle school. I left it up to her, and when I asked her this past week which she thinks she will concentrate on, she said French. Even though I was hoping Italian, French is a good language to know. I never learned it(so I am glad you translated for me!) and it is too bad becasue it is part of my heritage(family from Quebec).