So, right. Another Manic Monday.

What do you do to make yourself feel better when you are sick?
Curl up into the fetal position with a warm blanket.
What is the most amazing weather you've ever seen?
A thunder and lightening storm a few summers ago. I was driving at night, down a wide empty highway with the whole sky visible in front and the jagged streaks of lightening and lit up sky was almost biblical in its awesomeness! I was partly frightened and partly mesmerized by what I saw as I drove. And just as we reached home and got out of the car, a huge clap of thunder seemed to erupt right over us(R and I) and it started raining down on us right then and there. Oh yeah-we screamed...and ran!
Do you listen to music or talk radio in the car?
Both. Mostly music, though. I have a little plug-into-my-lighter device so I can hear the songs on my MP3 player, or I listen to WMVY or the classical station(they play Mozart every morning around 9:00 and that is a calming way to get to work, listening to that. Forces me to slow down and not speed--ha..ha..).
But, there are times I listen to NPR talk radio in my car, too. Saturdays are good for that--love "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" and "Cah Tawk".
Okay....time to get my boots on.
11 comments:
I like WMVY too - I used to listen to it when I was down in that area, and sometimes listen to it on the web. Though our Portland station is pretty similar... :-)
Have to dig my car out too (again).
They promised snow here, but still nothing. And I hope it will remain that way.
After have lived in NC, I became very scared of thunderstorms, they were fierce in that part of the US.
I love listening to classical music in my car as well. My favorite is Vivaldi.
Have a great Monday.;))
Mozart is my favorite!
I listen to the news and traffic. That's about it! It is supposed to be nice and warm here!!
Wow, more snow!! Hope you made it all safe to and through work.
I like to curl up under a blanket too when not feeling well...feels comforting doesn't it!
I am one of those rare people who hate snow and find nothing romantic about it!Having spent 8 years in Switzerland, I've had enough of snow. I sometimes envy the Australians who celebrate Christmas in their swimming suits!I wish it was a bit warmer over here in the winter ...I'd be glad to offer Santa freshly squeezed iced lemonade. I can't wait to answer your questions! You know how much I love your amazing quizes!
What do you do to make yourself feel better when you are sick?
I drink 15 cups of tea and go to work! Trahanas soup also helps...
What is the most amazing weather you've ever seen?
In Moscow , Russia 12 years ago. When I left Cyprus in February it was 15 *C. Once in Moscow, our guide, Masha, welcomed us at the airport at 6 pm local time. She said. "You are so lucky! It's not very cold tonight!" It was - MINUS 24 C (sorry I can't figure it out in F). Once in the car, she asked me how I felt. I replied ...Oh my ! I can't feel anything!
Do you listen to music or talk radio in the car?
I always listen to Sfera Radio in the car. I haven't got an MP3 player because I love Sfera Radio so much!I enjoy listening to the radio! But ...I would love to have an mp3 player in my car! Maybe soon !
I just say I hope all goes well at R's appointment tomorrow with the oral surgeon. Buy her some ice cream to eat while you both watch the big day in Washington.
♥Rosemary
~Only,
Well, that's great that you like(and have heard of) WMVy. I listen to it while I am online as background music sometimes, too...
~Protege,
I like lstening to Vivaldi in my car, too--I can almost see an Italian landscape and crumbling castles as I drive along...it really puts you in another world.
~Manders,
Isn't Mozart's birthday coming up?(Jan 27th or something?)
~Cessie,
I didn't mention that it also makes me feel better if am waited on by concerned family members when am sick-- I am such a pitiful baby then. Good thing I rarely get a cold.
~ Anastasia,
I had to laugh at your honest comment about snow--and I beleive you, after saying you saw and experienced enough f it in Switzerland! :-) I have always thought it wold be fun to celebrate Christmas on a tropical island sometime, too..
You don't have to worry about not converting the Celsius -24 degrees--that is cold in Fahrenheit, too, I am sure!
(by the way, I did not come up with the questions for the Manic Monday-if you click on the word at the top of my post, it directs you to the blogger who does this every Monday)
~~Rosemary,
I am touched that you remembered R and her tooth pulling today. She has an extra tooth(two of the same one!) on the bottom and it needs to be removed because of crowding and before the braces go on next week. So yes, she is a little nervous and the poor thing will have to go around with a gap for a while(the braces at least will cover that up). We had wanted to get the new Ben & Jerry's Innaugural flavor, "Yes, Pecan" (butter pecan)so she could eat that afterwards as we watched the taped innauguration, but we WILL eat ice cream together!
LOL I was surprised to wake up and see I had to shovel again, too. Jeez! We got about 11 inches...
that thunder and lightening storm sounds amazing!!!
Love those shows on NPR; Click & Clack gave me a much needed dose of Bostonian accents then I was homesick in Japan LOL!
Warm blankets feel so good when you are sick & cold! Thanks for visiting my blog :)
That was awfully dangerous for the two of you that day. Wow I would have packed my dacks lol..
I wouldn't mind snow over here but that's probably never going to happen unless I move to the higher regions of Greece.
Great blog for a manic monday :)
Post a Comment