My "fourth" photo is from the summer of 2004. At the top of the stairs at Mohegan Bluffs on Block Island. I remember going back up those stairs, carrying a giant rock I just had to take home, and the pain that lasted for days in my neck because of it.
I like this photo, but man, do I need to clean out my folders. I rediscovered photos that I forgot I took and really don't need. I am not a good photographer--I'll always admit to that. But I can see I have improved, especially since getting the Canon digital camera we have now.
I have been looking back on the past week. Last Tuesday seems so far away already now. My daughter's sore gum is almost healed from the tooth extraction. And Obama has already gone to work, reversing a few of the Bush Administration's policies (the announcement about Gitmo is big!) Yesterday, I found this site at Boston.com. It's a collection of outsize photos from Inauguration Day and it really is worth scrolling down to see every one. My favorites were numbers 19 and 40.
9 comments:
Is that your painting in your new icon? Cool!
Love this photo. I have never been there...
Also, thanks for the link to Boston.com. I may post that - too good not to share.
I like how you started to refer to me as *Kathleen*. tee hee :)
Thanks for the tag! I'll have to have a look at my picture folders and play along sometime today. The problem is that I have photos on three different drives, so I'll have to pick using 'rock paper scissors'. ;)
Beautiful picture; you know, it could have been taken right here where I live. We have an almost identical beach with identical stairs. They are a great exercise.;))
Hope your Sunday is great, it is always fun to rediscover old photographs.;)
Okay tagger! I've participated!! (Although I could not tell 4 people they were it, since two of them are already tagged!!)
Hope you have a wonderful day and stay warm. Love the picture! I want to go there right now!! :-)
I may tag myself on this. The question is, which photo file in our hard drive should I pick? Our photos are all over the place. You'd think that as librarians, we'd be organized. Sheesh.
I read this post, then got sidetracked by the coffee post below. Isn't it interesting how we remember our first coffees? Mine, as best I can remember, was in a ski lodge in Vermont!
Oh, I also have lots of photos which I should delete, but you shouldn't delete yours, it's a good one...:)
I'll do the tag right now, I still have about 10 minutes before getting ready to go to work. I used the main folder I keep my photos, cause I have some new ones in a My pictures since I changed my computer. Love the idea.
~Movie,
Yes, that is one of my cat ladies..decided to change my profile picture(again!).
As for Mohegan Bluffs--it is a bit of effort (you know--on an island for oine thing and then have to bike/hike to the bluff), but worth it.
~~ Kathy/Kathleen,
I had the idea that you were preferring the full name these days.. :-) At least you have "options' when choosing your photo--looking forward to seeing it.
~Really, Protege? Are there some elevated cliff-type places, too, on the Danish coast?
I was looking at a German magazine last night and it highlighted places along the "North Coast" and near Sylt and it reminded me of here a little, too. I LOVE the beach--maybe one day I'll be able to visit beaches all over the world.
~Hey, Manders,
Glad you liked the "tag"--you stay warm ,too. I am starting to get sick of it--we have to put up with this until April? Whaaa...
~~ Bookhart,
Thanks for the visit/comment. My own desktop is pretty disorganzed(share it with a husband and teenager), too. Lucky you--being a librarian--in the last few years, I have met so many interesting people and they are all librarions(alas--I am not one)
~~ I love blogging, because I can say things I would never say in my day-to-day life, like.."alas".
~ Joanne,
A first coffee in a Vermont ski lodge--perfect!!
~ Hi Pati,
I thought you would be a good one to do this, since you always have really good photos!
Post a Comment