6. SleepingI am one dedicated and happy Queen of Slumber! It is rare that I have trouble falling asleep and usually I get seven hours of sleep every night. Ah, the pleasure of a soft bed to collapse into, after a long day.
I don't know if I could ever have a job where I was awake at night or had to sleep shorter hours. I like and need my natural, circadian rhythm and my sleep.(and prefer to sleep with my husband or at least a warm pet or two).
7. Sketch booksI have a collection of sketchbooks going back to the early 80's and they are a record of my drawing style and my evolving life whenever I look back in them. Right now I have three running sketchbooks/art journals of various sizes. One is almost filled, so it'll be fun to buy a new, blank one to start in on soon.
I discovered these perfect drawing(and writing) pens in an art and office supply store in Conway village in New Hampshire a few summers ago and now they are all I want to draw and write with. The tip is not too thin or too thick. The ink lasts forever and doesn't even dry out if left uncapped(I left a pen uncapped for at least a week once and it wrote just fine) .
Even though I have not been a very good correspondent so far this year, I still regularly write letters--the kind written with a pen and tucked into an envelope (usually decorated and with well chosen postage stamps), and sent to various locations and wonderful humans around the world.
And if you send letters, you receive them, too, in your mail box.
Even a post card can make my day. Yeah, just like with the Sunday paper, I still get excited when I hear the sound of the mail truck coming down the street, hoping there is some good snail mail for me.
Cue that old Eddie Rabbitt song--you know the one! Yup, I love storms and rainfall at night when I can lie in bed with the open window directly above my head, hearing the wild wind whip the trees and the rain lashes the window panes while I snuggle safely under the sheets. Sometimes I even go to bed early just so I can experience it when there is a windy rain storm out. And I sleep like a baby when it is a stormy night. Sometimes, though, a stormy night leads to another word beginning with "S" but that would be number 11 and my list ends at 10, so you'll have to guess what it is. ;-)



10 comments:
What a great way to journal, through sketch books! They seem really contemplative, drawing your self. A nice way to depict where you were at times in your life.
I love getting snail mail myself, it is just so rare because everyone just sends e-mail. I love to send handmade cards and such :)
Snail mail is wonderful...it's a nice surprise in the mailbox.
You are a true artist; it becomes so obvious here.
I agree with you with the sleep; I love to sleep and need a lot of it.
And you know much snail mail means to me.;))
You did so well that I would love to give you another letter.;))
Hope your TGIF is great Gal Friday.;))
And what do you know!!! My verification word is :summer
What are the odds, right???
~Joanne,
I don't necessarily draw myself, but who I am/was comes through when I look back at my style and what I was drawing at a certain time. So, it is a record of muyself-- somewhat like a written journal.
~RoseAnn,
Yes, even cards(of course, homemade are even better than the store bought kind)are fun to get in the mail--at my job, we sell a lot of cards, so for now the Postal System has some snail mail other than bills to deliver...
~Meg,
We are SO in agreement about snail mail!! :-)
~~Ms. Z,
I only ever get nonsense words like bobit and splag! How funny that your vericfication word was summer. :-)
I didn't know you love snail mail, too?! No. wait--I should have remembered you like snail mail from a certain someone on a certain Celtic island.
we are kindred spirits because i love every one of your esses : ) sleep, sketching (though i've not kept a sketch journal), snail mail (though i'm lax in sending it) and storms. i'm going to have to find those pens here because they sound awesome.
You deserve another blogging award in my opinion :)
Oh my, I think you should get out of my head, Friday! I love stormy nights. And I think I have to go to the art supply store right now and get me one or three of those pens!
And that town in NH? Sorta part of my name. And also? Where I'd like to retire to...
Happy friday again, GF.
~~C.K.,
"esses"--I like that! ;-)
Try Jerry's art supplies or Dick Blick(both are on line) for the pens.
~~ Arty,
Why, thank you!!(blush blush)
~~
Only,
So...do you know which art supply place I was writing about? I love that town--so quiet compared to No. Conway further up the road--and I would also love to move there one day. Sadly, it doesn't look like we'll be spending a week there this summer like we usually do.
At least it is a little closer for you to get to....
Snail mail and sleep could be in my list as well!!!;)
Post a Comment