Oh gawd...today WAS a manic, frustrating Monday. And then I come home to having to hear the Grammy Awards Show(R taped it so she could watch it after school today) with Stevie Wonder (always great) singing "Superstition"(good idea) with the Jonas Brothers (bad idea). I have always hated the Grammies (not a fan of awards shows, in general). I shall shut the door now.That's better. I just want some quiet.
Anyway, here I am back home and thought I would answer some Manic Monday questions.
What is your favorite candy?
I like Haribo Gummi Bears (not the clear "white" ones, though), those Boston Baked Beans candies and Goetz's caramels. * note: I differentiate candy from chocolate. Chocolate is in an entirely different (necessary) food category from candy
Name one thing that you'd want to receive as a gift for Valentine's day.
Beautiful weather up in Boston for walking around, please....
J and I are driving up there Saturday morning and spending the weekend.
Can we truly love someone who loves another ?
Yes, of course, but it is sadly wasted if it isn't returned..
17 comments:
What is your favorite candy?
Assorted Thornton Fudge - the best!AND Basler lackerli. I know I am a sinner!
Name one thing that you'd want to receive as a gift for Valentine's day.
ONE red rose. Sounds banal but it brings back happy memories to me of ...relatively long ago!!!
Can we truly love someone who loves another.
No, we can't!
Anastasia,
I keep hearing about this Thornton's Fudge....is it English?
I think one single red rose is a perfect Valentines Day gesture--nothing more needed than that. (I like apricot/orange colored roses, myself)
Had a manic monday myself... but not too bad though as it ended with a dinner with the girls ;-).
I like gummi bears as well... but my fave ones would be liquorice I guess... very dutch ok, but still my faves.
Don't celebrate Valentine's day, but I'd like the weather to be good in the weekend as well... for a change. We have had lots of rain lately. Have a great weekend in Boston!!!
I do think we can love someone who loves another but it would give too much pain...
I have stopped watching these shows as hey are never send life here and when they are, they are send in the middle of the night.;)
Sorry your Monday was Manic.;)
But I like the candy picture.;))
I hope you get your Valentines gift; the trip sounds very romantic.;))
Love the bears of gummi.
Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned...
hope the rest of the week is less manic...
Cessie,
Dinner out with friends on a Monday--how nice! I never think to do something like that. I had a look at a Dutch candy and licorice site on line once and they had at least a dozen types of black licorice--some listed as either sweet or salty! I am not a fan of licorice, myself, though.
~Protege,
I hope our weekend is romantic, too--we shall see. Because at the moment we are pretty tense with each other.
Only,
Week's already better since I have today off... :-)
Take your camera to Boston so we can enjoy a virtual trip with you. Hope your weather is great. It's good to see Eva Cassidy on your sidebar. She is one of my favorites as you know. ♥Rosemary
~Rosemary,
I do plan on taking pictures in Boston(we might even get on over to the ICA where they are having a Shephard Fairey exhibit)
Yes, I pulled out some Eva Cassidy a few days ago, so my daughter could hear what pure, heartfelt and effortless singing sounds like(she has been watching American Idol and there is sme horrendous singing on there I think--everyone seems to think they have to belt out every song)
Hope your Valentine's day is romantic!!!:)
I beleive we can truly love someone who loves another, but as Cessie said, it would be too painful...
believe, not beleive...:P
~Vessie,
Oh, I mispell "beleive" all the time!! :-)
Speaking of pure, effortless singing? Did you happen to see Robert Plant and Alison Krauss sing at the Grammies? I'd heard much buzz about them, but never heard them sing till that night. I thought they did a great job.
I LOVE those Goetz's caramels! Have fun in Boston :-)
So funny, the Haribo Gummy Bears are my absolute favorite candy, hands down! I listed chocolate because lately I have been wanting chocolate and have not bought those gummy bears in forever. I love Boston! It has been a few years since we last went for a visit. I hope you have a grea time!
I'm late with my Manic Monday, but it has been and will be a manic week so I think it still counts. :)
(Oh, and Thornton's is a UK chocolate company. I remember seeing their stores in Ireland, and their candies sold in the shops everywhere. We sat down for tea in one of their store/cafes in Dublin, and had the pleasure of receiving a free fancy chocolate to go with our drinks. I can't remember which flavours we asked for, but they were yummy.)
Anyway, here are my answers:
**What is your favorite candy?
I don't really eat, or like, much candy (assuming candy is a non-chocolate item, which is how I interpret the word). However, I am *addicted* to candied ginger so I guess sugared, dried ginger is my favourite candy. Actually, anything that is gingery and sweet is good. :)
**Name one thing that you'd want to receive as a gift for Valentine's day.
Quality time with my husband. We haven't gotten much of that since, oh say, 2005! (that may be a bit of an exaggeration but it has been a LONG time). I would like to go snowshoeing with him this weekend, and have a nice quiet dinner at home. That would be nice.
**Can we truly love someone who loves another.
I think we believe we can love someone but I don't think it truly is love in the fullest sense unless it is reciprocated.
I like gummy bears as well, probably my favorite "international" candy, though don't eat them as much. There are a few Guatemalan type, made out of fruit and sugar, that I can mention as favorites: colochos de guayaba (guava curls), chancaca (that does not have a translation), canillitas de leche (something like milk legs...I know, it's kind of weird). I'm sure you would like them too.
I hope you have great weather this weekend!!
Reading Claus' comment reminded me how much I *love* a Mexican sweet that I found on Olvera Street in Los Angeles. I bought a package of small tamarind balls made up of a combination of tamarind paste and sugar, rolled in hot chili powder. Yum!
Post a Comment