Sunday, March 1, 2009

Comes in like a lion.....

seen outside shop on Charles Street, Boston

There's nothing like a Blogthing and a snowstorm to start off the month of March.
I'm feeling great this Sunday--coffee cake in the oven, house is actually clean and I don't have to go anywhere so can enjoy the snowfall from inside(I'll wait until I have to..later, to deal with any shoveling) . And most importantly--it has been two whole days that we have not had any mice.

I thought this Blogthing quiz was cute...and pretty accurate.


What the House Test Says About You






You consider yourself important, but no more important than anyone else. You love attention, but you don't feel like you deserve more of it than anyone else.



You aren't against being community oriented, but it's not really your thing. You tend to prefer to focus on your family and not the neighborhood around you.



You are a calm, contemplative, and smart person. You take ideas very seriously.



You look attractive, but mostly because your rely on your natural good looks to get by.



You are moved by romance and love. You are optimistic about people, and you love hearing about happy endings.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were to get some snow but didnt.Thank God!LOL.Its real cold though,cant wait til spring!

You consider yourself important, but no more important than anyone else. You love attention, but you don't feel like you deserve more of it than anyone else.

You are a fairly community oriented person. You like to get to know your neighbors, but you also like your privacy. You get attached to neighborhoods and cities.

You are an eccentric and unusual person. You enjoy strange activities... Activities so strange, you should probably keep them to yourself.

You take good care of your physical appearance. You dress well, stay in shape, and do your best to look great.

You are moved by romance and love. You are optimistic about people, and you love hearing about happy endings.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.... that is not at all Like me HAH!

Anonymous said...

The last 2 paragraphs only,LOL.

Gal Friday said...

Becky!
What on earth did you choose as an answer to warrant that fourth paragraph?! LOL!
I don't mind the snaow, actually--it makes all the still dead grass look pretty, at least. If it snows in April, I'll be mad, though.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I really love that sign! It is something I should have been looking at for the last 5 years!

Content in a Cottage said...

I took the house test and got the same results that you did.

I love that photo you took in Boston. Made me laugh.

Congratulations on being mouseless for two whole days. That's great!

Coffee cake sounds good...maybe I will make some for dessert later. It will be good to warm over in the morning when I awake to the blizzard.

Scribe Girl said...

I took the test and this is my favorite line of the result: You look good in a low maintenance sort of way.

... I don't even want to know what that means exactly! ;-)

Zuzana said...

Aw, I can not believe you have snow! But as you say, it is cozy at times to watch it from the inside.;) With coffee and cake.;))

That test sounds like fun, I have to go and see what result I will get.;))

I am posting a quiz later next week - hope you have a nice Sunday, mine is almost over.;))

cheatymoon said...

Oh that sign should be somewhere in my house...

I took the test, got the same result as you. Get outta my head (again).

Have a happy snowstorm. We just got home from NH (other half lives there). Glad to be home. It's already wicked snowy, and 13" tonight? No school tomorrow? Hmmmm...

Keep warm!

cheatymoon said...

Oooh and congrats on being mouselss.

SandraG said...

It is a lovely, sunny late winter's day here which does not bode well for the end of the month if the old tradition holds! :-)

Manders said...

What the House Test Says About You

You consider yourself important, but no more important than anyone else. You love attention, but you don't feel like you deserve more of it than anyone else.

You aren't against being community oriented, but it's not really your thing. You tend to prefer to focus on your family and not the neighborhood around you.

You are a calm, contemplative, and smart person. You take ideas very seriously.

You take good care of your physical appearance. You dress well, stay in shape, and do your best to look great.

You are moved by romance and love. You are optimistic about people, and you love hearing about happy endings.
-----
It is sunny here. A little bit chilly. On the whole not a "lion" kind of day...I hope that doesn't mean we are in for a snow storm when we get back from Las Vegas...

Joanne said...

We're still waiting on the snow here. I've heard different reports, either 6-12 overnight, or 8-15 overnight. Either way, that's a lot of snow in a little time!

sallymandy said...

GF: I got almost the same answers you did. Instead of being contemplative, I'm always in the middle of some big project. I have to say, they didn't give us very many questions. I tend to get stressed out taking these things (though I always leap at the chance to do it). I guess it's left over text anxiety from years ago...I always want to get an "A." I think I'm going to go back to that site and find out if I'm a jerk.

Janet said...

Interesting...here's my result:

You are happy with who you are, and you don't have an inflated sense of self importance. You do your own thing quietly. You don't take up a lot of space.

You can't stand community oriented people and annoying "buy local" campaigns. You prefer to live the best life possible, and that doesn't really involve many other people. [HELLS no! That's so not true]

You are creative, expressive, and bright. You are always in the middle of some amazing project.

You look attractive, but mostly because your rely on your natural good looks to get by. [NOT!!!]

You are moved by the most simple of things. You can find pleasure from a small, perfect moment.