Friday, March 13, 2009

It's Friday The 13th...

and another work week (almost ended) ,
and time for another Friday Fill-in. As I write, I have AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds" playing in my head and it'll probably be in there all the rest of the morning because of question no. 4. Thanks, Janet. ;-)


ffi

1. When I look to the left, I see_____ a little pIle of unfinished drawings, scraps of paper with sketches on them, an unfinished letter.


2. Our living room_____ is the room that has the best view in my home.


3. Let it work _____out that there isn't too much drama and stress in my life the next few weeks.(quite a few family things coming up which is making me anxious)


4. I don't think anything now is_____ done dirt cheap!


5. Trying hard to be as eco-conscious as possible _____ is a responsibility that all qualified citizens must share.


6. If you have any _____advice on how to cut off a bit of an overgrown "lucky bamboo" and propagate it , feel free _____to tell me how to do it.


7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____Book Club night here at my house(we all read Toni Morrison's "A Mercy"), tomorrow my plans include_____driving to Westerly to bring R to a friend's birthday party and maybe some picture taking and lunch at that Belgian place while I am down there and Sunday, I want to _____finish that letter and maybe the drawings or do some more, too.

12 comments:

Yvonne said...

Enjoy your weekend!

Zuzana said...

Love the picture of the bamboo (it is a bamboo right?) Unfortunately I have no idea how to take care of such an exotic plant as bamboos are not really grown here. I remember seeing bamboo forests in Brazil, now that was a sight.;))

Hope your Friday 13th is a lucky one; have a great weekend.;) Your plans for it sound like a lot of fun.;))

xoxo
Z

cessie said...

Nice friday fill in! Hope your family things will work out fine...I know how it feels... hope you won't feel too stressed about it. Take care!

sallymandy said...

Hi Tina: I don't know how to propagate the bamboo either; I have one that's quite old but doesn't seem to grow much.

I like that you read Toni Morrison, who's one of my favorite authors. I received "A Mercy" as a Christmas gift and did enjoy it; though maybe not as much as some of her others.

Good luck with those family members. Is there anything more stress-inducing? You can do it.

Nice weekend...

Jack said...

"Concrete shoes
Cyanide
T.N.T
Done dirt cheap"
... Me too!
Beautiful photo of your lucky bamboo, hope your weekend goes well :)

Janet said...

Isn't that a great song, tho!

Anonymous said...

Funny how this bamboo looks like bonsai in its larger version!But then again I might be completely wrong as I am quite wreckeless at identifying or even naming plants!

j said...

nice friday fill-in. just bopped around your flicker for a while. great pics! (i love the wheelbarrows.)

Content in a Cottage said...

I would cut off a shoot of the bamboo and put it in water to root. When the roots appear this would be the part to plant and keep in the house for luck. I would plant the older piece outside and see what happens. Most bamboo is very hearty and remains green even in the winter. I got through another Friday the 13th with no problems. Aren't we having a lot of these occurences lately?
Have a great weekend...Rosemary

Gal Friday said...

~Hi Yvonne,
Thanks for popping in..

~Protege,
Yup, it's a bamboo and nothing exotic. I actually bought the plant at a Home Depot and it sits in a vase filled with a sand and water mixture and NOTHING can kill this thing! It's great...but it is growing so well, I thought it would be nice to cut off some of it and try growing another plant.

~~Cessie,
Yeah...I think things over and worry too much beforehand about these things. Family...gotta love 'em, but sometimes it is hard.

~~Sallymanders...
Thanks for the little pep talk about the family things. I'll have my supportive hubby with me and that makes things easier.
We all loved "A Mercy" and this was the first Morrison book I have read(want to read "Beloved" next)

~~Jack!
Now that earworm is BACK! ;-)(actually I love AC/DC--great loud driving music....)

~Janet,
Sure is!

~Anastasia,
This bamboo is very different from a bonsai--namely because it is so easy to care for while I can just imagine me killing a bonsai within the first month.

~Judy,
Thanks for having a look around my Flickr site(not too much there) and do you know, I think that is one of my FAVORITE images--those wheelbarrows?!

~Rosemary,
I should have known I could count on you to advise me on the bamboo plant. I was thinking that is what I could try--simply take a cutting and put it in water, but was a little nervous about doing it. I'll try it--hadn't thought about actually planting bamboo outside either.

Arty said...

When I saw the title of this blog, I immediately remembered one friday the 13th where my dad and me had a collision with another car. Oh man..lol...what an experience and on friday the 13th. I'm pretty sceptical however of the significance of this date and I don't want to believe it's a day of bad luck despite what happened because it was just that one time that sth bad had happened. Oh well :)

Unknown said...

love the bamboo pic!!

have a great weekend!