...and relaxing with a glass of Shiraz, kind of hoping I might say something vaguely interesting here. This postcard was in my mailbox on Saturday, sent from Ontario by Sandra ( Port HopeDiaries). Isn't the mascot for the upcoming Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada the best? As soon as I saw this, I thought , "He's a friendly forest Sasquatch creature done up all Hello Kitty-cute."
I think the sideways red smiley sticker floating above the mushrooms(cute, also) was added either by Sandra or a postal worker?
Of course, my daughter was so taken with this shaggy brown mascot, she went and checked out the official Vancouver 2010 website where we learned that yes indeed, Quatchi "is a young Sasquatch who comes from the mysterious forests of Canada".
His favorite color?
Chill Blue.
Check the website if you want to know more Quatchilicious facts and hear him speak!
So I got some good mail on Saturday. I cleaned up the yard with Mr. Friday that day, too. He asked me if we could do that together, after a lunch together at a place near here, instead of my original plan to go in to Westerly and have lunch at the Belgian place (after dropping R off at the birthday party). The new plan turned out to be a good thing, because I just know I would have weakened and bought something in one of the shops there (gave up buying anything but the necessities for Lent).
And while I usually hate yard work like raking and bagging leaves and picking sticks and debris up (my mind wanders and I take numerous dog petting, food and Internet breaks and basically don't get much done), when I get to do it with someone else, I can tolerate it and almost enjoy it!
We did some more yard clean up today and if I finish the back yard on Tuesday (I will try to stay "on task" since I'll be doing it alone that day), it'll be the earliest I have ever done a spring clean up.
My back is a little achy, but not so much from the yard work. I think it is from lying on the couch for half the day yesterday, rereading the rest of "A Girl Named Zippy". I just love that book and her voice and stories of her growing up years in Indiana. Now I am started on Ken Follet's big fat (900 pages!)"The Pillars Of The Earth".
So that's it. Weekend's just about over. I felt like a busy body, constantly in motion (except for the lying on the couch reading part) these last two days, but still don't feel like I accomplished much.
Crikey! I think I hear evil Dick Cheney's voice coming from the television in the other room. Why is he being interviewed? I had almost forgotten about him and now he's back. Ugh.
9 comments:
Very interesting post Tina :) I love the post card, it is cute and cheery like. Hope you had a nice weekend aside from yard work. I am kind of glad I don't have a yard but wish I did for my dogs to run free in.
Hi Tina! Quatchi is hilarious.
I understand about a busy weekend ending feeling like nothing much got done. Mine, too. I just don't understand how my mother kept the piles at bay when I was growing up. I must not have gotten that gene.
Have a good week.
p.s. I just posted a question about what can't you give up in a recession? Since you're only buying essentials during Lent, I'd be interested in what you'd say your essentials are, if you want to go have a look. :)
I know what you mean, sometimes gardening is an amazing therapy, being outdoors and doing physical work is actually very pleasing.
The mascot is indeed cute; first I thought it was a cute gorilla:P
Sounds like you had a great weekend, hope your Monday will be great as well.;)
xoxo
Z
We still have snow on the ground, though yesterday was warm enough to put laundry out (tho I didn't because of the snow/mud). I'm looking forward to getting that cleaned up.
Quatchi is so cute!
Have a great week, Tina!
Quatchi is adorable! He's so cute. I'll check on the website some time tonight after work. If there is one thing I really hate is housework and spring clean up. What a chore! Of course, my cleaning lady does most of it but there are certain chores I'd rather do myself. Wishing you a great week ahead. Take care.
Oh by the way. I've got a google account now! My friend Constantinos invited me to contribute to his new blog as a guest author, so I had to sign up. It's also convenient when visiting my friends' blogs on Blogger.
If anyone wants one of the Olympic postcards - there are three designs - you can send me your address and I'll be glad to oblige!
i love your stream-of-consciousness posts. (well,until you got to mr. evil, who was no doubt explaining why this mess we're in isn't the previous administration's fault.) yikes, my blood pressure's up! better go look at quatchi again! ;-)
Hey...that's weird...I didn't get the message that you had some new entries here :-(. Good I checked myself then ;-).
What a lovely card indeed, I love all Olympic thingies, should check the Olympic store here too I think.
And working in the garden is so rewarding! And with spring coming up it's just great! Enjoy it!
Post a Comment