Pink Peach Tree In Blossom, V.Van Gogh..... Manic Monday:
Do you enjoy brain teasers or do you find them frustrating?
I am pretty lazy when it comes to that kind of thing--especially if it has anything to do with mathematics. My brain freezes right up. Trivia and literary and historical stuff, I usually know and I DO like doing crossword puzzles.
Do you have any unusual collections?
Probably my hedgehog collection. I also have a huge basket full of postcards--I have kept every one I have received since high school. I also collect bookmarks and have little piles of stones, pebbles and seashells throughout the house...
What do people notice about you within the first hour of meeting you (other than appearance)?
I have no idea. I am often afraid to think what people think of me...are my mannerisms annoying? Do I repeat certain phrases?
**It happens to be Vincent Van Gogh's birthday today. Said so on my calender and I found a good video paired with Jonathan Richman's Vincent Van Gogh("the baddest painter since Jan Vermeer..!")--perfect! So, here ya Gogh:
I am pretty lazy when it comes to that kind of thing--especially if it has anything to do with mathematics. My brain freezes right up. Trivia and literary and historical stuff, I usually know and I DO like doing crossword puzzles.
Do you have any unusual collections?
Probably my hedgehog collection. I also have a huge basket full of postcards--I have kept every one I have received since high school. I also collect bookmarks and have little piles of stones, pebbles and seashells throughout the house...
What do people notice about you within the first hour of meeting you (other than appearance)?
I have no idea. I am often afraid to think what people think of me...are my mannerisms annoying? Do I repeat certain phrases?
**It happens to be Vincent Van Gogh's birthday today. Said so on my calender and I found a good video paired with Jonathan Richman's Vincent Van Gogh("the baddest painter since Jan Vermeer..!")--perfect! So, here ya Gogh:
11 comments:
I bet there's lots of memories tied up in your postcards. Great idea!
I played too :)
Here ya Gogh...so funny. Thanks for the reminder about his birthday. Didn't know, Van Gogh.
I too collect things, some of them on purpose, some I just do not want to throw out.;))
The video was funny, never heard this song before.;)
I love the painting you posted, very tranquil.
Happy b-day Vincent.;))
And a happy Monday to you, hopefully it is not too manic.;))
Btw, love the new profile picture.;) Is that the Friday girl in a bit younger version, perhaps? I can see some resemblance.;)))
Very cute.;))
It is my son's birthday today, too! I didn't know he shared the same day with Vincent. Interesting!!
Hedgehogs! What a cute collection that must be :)
I have a collection of old photos I get from junk/antique shops I visit.
Hope your Monday is going well :)
Cute new profile photo! Thanks for sharing that.
I love that you have a hedgehog collection! I think I've said that before.
I have those piles of rocks and shells and stuff around my house too. They are not fun to dust. In fact, they're a good justification for not dusting.
Happy Monday.
Van Gogh is my mother's favourite painter - she is a self-taught artist whose works have been greatly inspired by Van Gogh. Although I am not an art expert, I prefer Monnet and some Picasso. And I judge all art,as well as all photography, with the eye of the non-expert. However, this is hardly appreciated by most artists, nowadays, at least in Greece and Cyprus. Contemporary great artists expect us - the public - to be the great connoisseurs!On the other hand they want us to buy their paintings! Other than that,your post today reminded me of the good old days on Yahoo 360.."you are tagged!" I used to love brain teasers but not any more. Is it age ? Most of them are brain freezers! Have a great day off tomorrow! Kisses to Miss R and Miss J of course. And many filakia to you, it goes without saying!
I love it when you get me hooked on a song. (Manic Monday.) At least so far. Please only use your powers for good. ;-)
Fun song, Tina.
Hedgehogs... I bet you like Jan Brett (children's illustrator/author).
I guess I save things too - reading everyone's answers has got me thinking. I do have the odd stone and rock, or shell hanging about...
van gogh is one of my favorite artist so this was a nice read for me. i have shells and small rocks that the kids have picked up. last yr i migrated the rocks to my front flower bed. i collect penguins. and quotes.
Post a Comment