Put this in the "Who me?" category.This is a little strange and embarrassing and I am never quite sure about the proper etiquette concerning these blog awards. It seems I have won some kind of Blog of The Day Award. I don't know much about this, other than a comment from Bill Austin yesterday and from looking at the site, it seems someone has to nominate you for this daily recognition. So, I should acknowledge and thank whomever did this. It's a big mystery.... but very sweet of whoever did that.

And for something completely unrelated, here's a video I was happy to find and share here, featuring two of the greatest men to come out of the Commonwealth Of Massachusetts!
It's from a 1993 Conan O'Brien Show when Jonathan Richman was a guest, singing "Vampire Girl".
Both Conan and Jonathan look so young in this. As well as Andy Richter and Ed McMahon--they are in this, too, if you watch it until the end. (Heck, I looked a lot younger in 1993, too---pre-motherhood and all that.)
**I can't wait until Conan is back on TV in his new time slot....maybe he'll have Jonathan Richman on again.
sorry--
*video had to be removed on May 19, 2009, becasue it was taken off You Tube.*
10 comments:
Congrats Tina. I've always considered you one of the greatest bloggers and I think you deserve such recognition. :)
Only sorry I haven't been visiting much and hope you're great.
~~ Awww, Arts,
Thank YOU for those words. It's okay about not visiting always --I get like that, but come around catch up at my favorite bloggers eventually. I know you are probably getting busy with the arrival of your sister soon. :-)
Woot! Congrats on the blog award, very cool! I hope your week is going good so far :)
Hey RoseAnn...thanks for the "Woot"! ;-)
Tina...Congratulations on this wonderful award. You deserve it!
Oh...you are not going to believe this --- the word verification fill in for this comment is 'mices'. That is too hilarious considering your recent problems with them. ♥Rosemary
Congratulation on the Blog Of The Day Award nomination!! You so deserve it;))
Hehe, I remember when I was nominated too, on another site, just a month after starting my blog and was confused about it too. It never happened again ; I guess my blog has just gone downhill since then.:P
LOVED seeing the clip! I so remember the Conan show, as when it aired in 93, I was still living in NC. I loved Conan and Andy; what is more fun is that to me they look almost the same, as I have not seen them over a decade. Time flies...;)
What a fun clip. I wonder if the Twilight people have this song on their radar?
Congrats on your award. I always wonder about the viral nature of these things too... but your blog is just great, so an award makes sense!
And I just decided to make it more viral for you this week and left you a gift at my blog! :-) Do what you will with it... and have a great night.
~Rosemary,
Thanks you. :-) And.."mices"! Well, that IS too funny, and I can at least laugh a little more about it since they are GONE.(we officially packed away the mouse traps Sunday)
~~Protege,
I was half thinking this is much too Ameri-centric, writing about Conan when so many of my blogger friends here are from outside the US..so I was happily surprised to read about your remembrance of the Late Night Show. Conan O'Brien always makes me laugh and he is now going to take over the Tonight Show slot(an hour earlier) which shows how successful(and funny) he is.
~~Only,
Yes, with all this Vampiremania going on because of those books, I think this song could be big!
Oh dear....what have you got for me I wonder?
Hey, congratulations for the award!!!:) You definitely deserve it!!!:)
Post a Comment