Friday, April 10, 2009

Filling in the blanks


It's Friday again(and I know I have not been around here much and will have to slowly catch up with blogs here and there..). Time for another Fill-In from Janet.
1. Anonymous..._________is somewhat of a too shy lurker type, me thinks.
2. "Life_____ is a _____taxi. The meter just keeps a-ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still." -- Lou Erickson
3. Let me embrace thee, sour adversity,______ ...you are what makes me stronger.
4. Walking out of the house without a coat, hat and gloves is_____ what I look forward to most about Spring.
5. Who needs therapy when _____
there is blogging to be done.
6. Lindt chocolate eggs and bunnies, and those malted milk speckled eggs_____ MUST go into the Easter Basket!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____
just relaxing and being a blob(although I did manage to make a tasty cream of asparagus soup for this evening's meal), tomorrow my plans include _____looking up a recipe for Greek Easter bread which my mother usually makes but she is away until Wednesday so I thought I would be the one to make it this year(won't make it until mid-week, though, because Orthodox Easter is NEXT Sunday) , and Sunday, I want to _________ polka ? :-)

8 comments:

SandraG said...

Don't worry about not being around much. I think generally people have stopped blogging. Too bad really but life goes on . . .

Gal Friday said...

~Sandra,
I HAVE noticed you haven't been blogging for some time now...will you keep it, or have you decided not to for some reason?
I go through bouts where I am not so inspired to write or my offline life gets a bit too busy for blogging.

Arty said...

I hope you get the opportunity to enjoy the weekend as you want it. Above all, a blessed week ahead. Great photo of you under the clock :)

Gal Friday said...

~Arty,
A blessed week ahead for you and your family, as well.
I suppose you noticed the citrus clock I found(because of liking the lime one on your blog).

Zuzana said...

I love those Friday fill ins.;)
I have to write down the quote about Life being like a taxi meter.;)
That Russian video completely cracked me up.;))
Have a wonderful Saturday with baking, what do you know, I am baking too.;))
Happy Easter weekend to you and yours.;)
xo
Z

Jack said...

Polka is fun any day of the week :)
Have a great weekend and dance, dance, dance!

Content in a Cottage said...

Malted milk speckled eggs and a polka sounds like Easter???? Whatever. Have a great one. ♥Rosemary

Gal Friday said...

~Protege,
I am wondering what you baked? I baked a lemon pound cake for tomorrow and will make the bread on Wednesday or Thursday for the second Easter....phew!

~Jack,
I think I need to turn up the polka and dance..I have been n a slump today and feeling blah--stuck in the house because of the rain.

~Rosemary,
The malted milk eggs that look like robin's egg? I love 'em! (truth be told, Eastertime has not been a favorite time of year for me for various reasons...so I suppose I struggle to keep up any enthusiasm for it, as bad as that sounds)