Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Will you feel better...?

I can't wait until Regina Spektor's new CD comes out(heard one of the producers on it is none of than Jeff Lynne of ELO!) later this spring.
But, for now, a gorgeous version of "Better" performed in NYC.
The penguin photo? It just makes me feel better when I look at it. I wish I could find a credit for it but cannot remember how I stumbled across it. I think it was shot in London in the 50's.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

i am seeing penguin images everywhere at the moment- what does that mean ?

Zuzana said...

The photo is great; do you think they really had penguins loose in streets in London?;)
I have never heard of Regina, her voice reminds me of Sarah McLachlan, who used to be my favorite artist when I was in my 20s, particularly some of her early stuff.
I love ELO, so the next CD should be something I could like;))

j said...

ha! lisa's comment made me laugh. "... i see penguins."

my son's girlfriend introduced me to regina spektor. the girlfriend is gone now, but regina remains.

cheatymoon said...

cool song. and love the photo...

creative kerfuffle said...

love the photos, but then again i have a thing for penguins : ) and, my computer keeps hanging up, can't hear the song. : (

sallymandy said...

That's a beautiful song, and I liked seeing her sing it.

I'm flipping for that sweet penguin photo. It's priceless. Have a lovely week..xo

Unknown said...

great photo. Penguins are such great creatures. I am new to Regina also. Thanks for the introduction!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

lovely song!
But the penquin pic stole this post...CUTE!!!Thanks for making me smile*
;)

Clare said...

My buddy Jo likes Regina. I have not heard her music before. Looking at your music likes, I also adore Roxy Music, (my dad and I went to see Bryan Ferry in England circa 87) Avalon.. sigh. I also love Cocteau Twins thanks to my hubby. Elizabeth's voice is haunting. As for penguins, they are one of my favorite creatures. I can name all 17 species. Never know when they will ask me at a pub quiz :)

sallymandy said...

I'm baaack. Hi, I just gave you an award on my blog. You can go pick it up if you'd like.

sallymandy