Monday, April 6, 2009

Kickboxing in....


...rear! Ouch!
There is something about the way this sign is worded that always cracks me up when I drive past it on a busy road full of little strip malls outside of old Wickford(oh, the incongruity of it all).
That is all. I have a lot in my head and heart--weighing me down heavily--but can't make myself blog about it right now. So..just a laugh for today.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

snort- thats funny for sure.....
btw.sometimes sharing the head and heart issues can help- when they are on paper or on the screen, they are easier to disect and look at...........xx

Zuzana said...

Ah, that sign is hilarious; you are right, it can be easily misunderstood.;))
And sorry for whatever is weighing heavily on you, I hope it will pass soon...
Sending you many hugs.
xoxo
Z

Arty said...

Obviously they've got humor with the sign :)
I too hope the problem will pass soon Tina. If it isn't health related, I'm sure it will.
Hugs.

vdesheva said...

The sign was funny indeed!!!:P Thanks for sharing!!!:)
So sorry to hear you have some problems to deal with...:( Hopefully they will be sorted out really soon!!!:) *a big and warm hug from your BG friend*

Joanne said...

Love signs like that, thanks for the chuckle today. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Manders said...

(((((tina)))))Hope you figure it out!! Thanks for the laugh!

creative kerfuffle said...

the sign is funny--especially if unintended. i understand the heaviness of things keeping you from posting. i hope things lighten up for you soon.

Gal Friday said...

Thanks for all the little hugs and kind words, everyone. I am absolutely FINE..just life being LIFE and getting and letting me down a bit.
Glad you could appreciate that goofy sign too.

j said...

The sign is great. (So's your new pic.) Life being life... yeah, I get that. Me, too. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

that is a good one! thanks for the visit and comment. Hope things are ok with you also!

that sign you are talking about....about the river rising. I was there that day standing down from the sign......the sirens went off and everyone (mostly fishermen on foot and in boats) just ignored it!! one guy said it doesn't happen very often so everyone ignores it! ok so open the dam guys! let it flow!!