Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday Morning

A typically blustery April day, with a few drops of rain and the sun trying to come out, but losing out to the fast moving clouds. A squick stroll through Wickford for some coffee and some window shopping.....
..then a walk through the woods with Jewel to the bay. It still looks grey and lifeless for the most part, but there were some small signs that it is spring. Pussy willows, skunk cabbage, birch catkins.
1. A lone American Holly in the cedar woods--green all year. 2. A stone wall from when this was farmed land. 3. A cedar tree's bark. 4. Some kind of white mushroom growing on a tree.

11 comments:

Joanne said...

Wickford looks like a charming town, great place for a stroll. I love exploring towns like that, they have lots of personality!

Gal Friday said...

~Joanne,
I'll have to post more photos of Wickford another time. It was hard to do with Jewel on the leash.

Jack said...

Ooo, I love the shots. Thanks for sharing :)

Manders said...

It looks like a lovely place. I would love to explore it...

sallymandy said...

Thanks for these photos Tina. I love seeing where you live. I think we're about on the same season schedule.

What a charming little town.

Zuzana said...

Beautiful spring pictures; isn't it lovely to see the sprouting buds and shots? ;)
I hope you had a great weekend, here it is almost over.;))

cheatymoon said...

Awesome photos, Tina.

The Social Frog said...

Hello Tina! Beautiful pictures, it looks very lovely out where you were, thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures, Tina... you surely do have some signs of spring there!! I love the pussy willows!! I'm glad someone is getting out there and looking around at things, 'cause I haven't been able to... I enjoyed your photos!! It's raining here again, and I'm waiting for all the flowers to pop up any day now? :)

Claus said...

Wonderful captures!!! Thanks so much for sharing. It all looks so calm and peaceful.

creative kerfuffle said...

i love the pictures you take and the composition. they make me want to take a walk through new england : )