Wednesday, May 6, 2009

If you blog about it....

...and complain about it--the weather will improve?!





.
Scenes from a sunny back garden, 7 hours after I was griping about the rain and grey gloom. I came home to a daughter and dog sunning themselves, soaking in those UV rays.







I feel foolish(but happy) that the sun unexpectedly broke out this afternoon. I spotted a couple of tiny toads in the garden, a few fat worms(always a healthy sign), a ton of weeds, and very-close-to-blooming lilac buds on the lilac bush.
Also, it just occurred to me, that this is the first time Mr. F will make it to his Wednesday "golf league" this year and he'll get a warm, sunny afternoon of golf in. Perfect!

9 comments:

SandraG said...

The sun always raises my spirits although perhaps if I lived in a desert country, it might not always be the case!

cheatymoon said...

You did it. You changed the weather? Wow. Impressive.

Love the photos. Of course

The Social Frog said...

Very beautiful pictures. I love the sun but I enjoy a rainy day or two also. We needed some rain and finally got some this evening. I am hoping it will be nice tomorrow though so Daniel & I can go for a swim.

Zuzana said...

I am so happy you got the sunshine you wished for.;))
It is amazing how just a few sunny rays can make everything so much more happy and bright.;))
Lovely pictures.:)
I hope your Thursday is lovely.;) And guess what; it is our favorite day tomorrow.;))
xo
Z

Gal Friday said...

~Well, my "blogging-weather-altering" powers were only powerful enough for a few hours. After I posted yesterday's second blog, I jumped in the shower, came out ten minutes later, and the sun and clear skies were gone, fog and grey skies and cold had moved back in.
So, now we are back in it--raining right now as I type.

creative kerfuffle said...

love the pics as always. we've had rain this week too, but i actually don't mind. i love rain. plus, we needed it and it saved us from having to water the plants : ) today the sun is out and if it keeps up it will be time to mow.

Claus said...

Beautiful pictures! And even though the perfect moment only lasted a few minutes, it brought happiness, right? Like they say, good things never last forever.

Jewel looks so pretty!

cessie said...

Lovely pics :-)
It's going up and down in weather here as well, I guess it's part of the deal at the moment. Ah well, as long as we *do* enjoy the sunny parts then ;-)

Anastasia said...

In my area, we take the sun for granted and often complain that we get too much sun and not much rain ! Many people in my area are thrilled and so happy because we are having a lousy, rainy, stormy May ! But I know, it won't be for long!